“Wedding dreams come ture” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pines Country Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brevard
Pines Country Inn
You added Pines Country Inn to your Saves list
719 Hart Road, Pisgah Forest, Brevard, NC 28768   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brevard
Hendersonville, North Carolina, United States
“Wedding dreams come ture”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My son was married this weekend at the Pines Country Inn in Pisgah Forest. All of the staff and the owners of the Inn became like family and without their wonder help, we would have never had such a blessed and beautiful day for the wedding. This Inn made a wedding beyond the dreams of my son and his beautiful new bride come true. Thank you Mary, Tom and Ann all of our family has a special place in our hearts for you and all you did while being at the Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

When you are looking for a place to stay while hiking and experiencing the wonderful outdoor activities in the area like Pisgah Nat'l Forest and Dupont State Forest this is the place to go. My fiance and I absolutely loved our experience here in our "Little Cabin." We came in with open minds and were pleasantly surprised. Not only were we personally greeted by Tom one of the owners (who is 90 years old) and Mary wtih whom he had been married to for nearly 70 years, but we immediatly felt at home and like family. Our cabin had a living room with microwave and coffee maker, then a bedroom with a comfy bed and a small bathroom. Yes everything is older but that is what gives it the charm and warm feeling. The esate is nearly 150 years old so just be open minded and enjoy everything.
The breakfast was amazing! Mary and her daughter Ann personally take your order and make the food from scratch on a 100 year old stove. She even invited my fiance in the kitchen to make sure there were enough biscuits for him and gave him one right from the oven to try! You don't get that at a hotel! The first morning she had made us cheddar grits which were delicious but neither of us are really "grit" people. Now knowing that we don't really like grits, the next day she made him hash browns special. We even got big juice glasses because we don't drink coffee either.
The next best part are the views. There were two rockers on the porch of our cabin overlooking a gorgeous view of barns, cows, pasture, mountains and blue skies. We would sit on the porch after hiking in the woods all day and relax until after the sunset. There is also a deck out front of the Inn with a stunning view that several people choose to get married on.
As we were paying the very affordable bill, Mary hugged us both a even kissed my Fiance on the cheek. Not something everyone would take the same but it truly made us feel at home.
We will be back for sure seeing as we have found a new home away from home and family to go with it.

Room Tip: Little Cabin had air conditioner.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed at the Pines for a family reunion. We had a mixed experience. On the one hand, it served us very well. Our family and friends reserved the entire property so we had a great time having the run of the place: having breakfast together, playing on the green space, enjoying the second floor porch with the beautiful, pastoral view. The folks who run it are very friendly.

The accommodations leave something to be desired. Our suite (#6) had two rooms with three beds which worked well for us and our kids, space wise. We also had a bathroom en suite. The bathroom was tiny with a very old and small shower stall that was made out of metal. I found it difficult, and not particularly pleasant, showering in there. Not sure how my husband managed it. We had to bathe our children down the hall. Everything seemed sort of barely put together: closets are fashioned out of pieces of wood that are hammered together, plywood is used to repair the ceiling. You get the sense that the Inn is just squeaking by. The furniture is threadbare (literally), not just in the bedrooms but throughout the inn. On the positive side, everything seemed clean. There is no A/C but each of our rooms had a fan which worked fine for us. If you don't mind all of this, then it is a peaceful place to stay with beautiful views but you should just know what you are getting into. I don't know what rooms go for in that area, but this did not feel like it was worth the money.

Breakfast was also pretty good - eggs, bacon, biscuits, grits. Had pancakes one day (not very good!). Cereal was also available but only sugary stuff. Service at breakfast was excellent.

Our biggest issue was that there was an infestation of hornets. My husband and I killed 7 hornets between the two of us in the hallway and in our room (where we had two small children). Although the owner was sympathetic and tried to help (gave us a spray), I would have expected a reduction in the price given the experience and concern for our children. Nothing was offered, and I was hesitant to ask since my aunt and uncle live locally and i didn't want to make things uncomfortable.

Room Tip: For families with children, ask about the bathroom accommodations.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sautee Nacoochee, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We have stayed with Mary and Tom for years. We haven't been in the last several years because of family committments, but we have loved every time we have gone. When we drove up the first time, I was really skeptical. It didn't look like the inns or B&Bs we have stayed in other places. When we have been there in the main house, especially upstairs, the rooms have been rather run down and yes, it is rustic, but not in the "decorator rustic" way.

However, our favorite places to stay there have been the upstairs room opening onto the porch and Grandpa's cabin. That upstairs room has a bathroom that is not too pleasant, but the porch more than makes up for it. The view from there has been fantastic, and we have sat there many hours reading or chatting, and then we've watched the evening come into the lovely valley in front of the inn.

Our whole family stayed in Grandpa's cabin, and that was wonderful in a different way. We always look forward to returning. It's different, but in away that we love.

Room Tip: Upstairs front is really 2 rooms, one bath, opening onto porch. Grandpa's cabin is wonderful...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

My wife, 1 yr old daughter and I went to the Pines Country Inn during the middle of October 2011. It was absolutely perfect and relaxing. The house is really old (which I love) and adds to a great atmosphere. The innkeepers are very nice and informal. We sat around the living room one night talking and having wine! The area is great, with a lot of stuff to do. We went hiking, to an apple orchard, and to a corn maze. The area is super beautiful, and the leaves were gorgeous (just changing colors). The breakfast was super delicious, too. I really don't have anything bad to say.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
greenville, sc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Very nice setting, peaceful and restful. If you want a quite getaway, this is a good one. We went there last summer and were well cared for. Not for those who need entertainment.

We were one of two couples at the time we went. Both couples really enjoyed this place. Nice, elderly couple owned.

Room Tip: Room near porch was nice with a walkout onto the porch with nice pastoral setting. Could be not so...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stayed at the pines country inn for only one night and what a perfect night it was. When I arrived I learned that we were staying in the rustic 1800's log cabin. There was a stone fire place in the sitting room. We stayed down stairs in a little suite like area with two bed rooms sharing a bathroom. There was even a full kitchen for us to use. There were heated blankets and little heaters in the room that worked great! It was perfect for my two cousins and my self. I was in Brevard to have my bridal pictures taken and the owner just loved that I was staying there and getting ready. We were runing a bit late in the morning from doing hair and make up so they brought our delicious pancake, bacon, and eggs breakfast to our room. It was served with fresh fruit and on a beautiful platter. I couldn't of asked for anything better. When we came back from the pictures we loaded the car and just paid for the room in cash. Didn't have to go through a big sign in or any of that jazz just good southern hospitality. I will be going back to stay hopefully next season with my whole family. There is one main house, and a few log cabins. Everything was very rustic but clean and nice. The cabin had a very "homey" vibe. For anyone who wants to get away to peace and serinity for a few days this is the place to go. Only one tv in the main house, no internet... just a fire place and good times. Also you can't go wrong with a family run business. Just what I needed!

Room Tip: Grandpa's cabin is wonderful if you like the rustic cabin feel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Pines Country Inn? Share your experiences!