“Great spot!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 58 restaurants in Brevard
Cuisines: American, Bar, Asian fusion, Fish & Chips
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Located in a beautifully restored historic building...down a quiet alley in the heart of Downtown Brevard, The Square Root Restaurant is as well known for its architectural and artistic decor as it is for its fabulous food. Whether you're hoping to enjoy the ambiance of our indoor dining room, our locally crafted wood bar top, or the fresh breezes of our covered outdoor patio - there is room for everyone. Our atmosphere is inviting for romantic evenings, cocktails with friends, and family gatherings. We pride ourselves on serving locally roasted coffee from The Brown Bean, and we offer several local brews on tap and by the bottle. Menu choices include options to please the young and the old, the adventurous and the picky eaters, and anyone who enjoys delicious fresh food at reasonable prices. We also offer a full bar with extensive wine and cocktail choices.
Omaha, NE
“Great spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Ate here twice in one day. We are thinking of moving to the mountains of NC so are scouting out the various restaurants. My husband went to Rotary and I heard Square Root had the best burger in town. As this was the only burger I had eaten in Brevard I can't say it is "the" best...but why try elsewhere! I had their blue cheese burger and it was excellent. Even better were the zucchini strips I had as a side.

That night was our last in Brevard. We ate outside (on October 1st) and had a marvelous meal. I heard their eggplant parmesan was wonderful...and it was. It was also very large, so I was bummed I couldn't take the extra home for lunch the next day. My husband had an excellent and creative mahi dish. Oh...Wednesday is 1/2 price on wine...and they have a good wine list! Our service was very good.

• Visited October 2013

81% Recommend
Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
“CALAMARI CALAMARI CALAMARI”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

excellent calamari! I may have to go again really soon I could get addicted to it. I went with a big party and the service was excellent. Most everyone enjoyed their food, First the not so good,,, the fried green tomatoes were shared and not liked by anyone. And their lamb meatballs really need to have a spice warning as they were so hot my friend had a hard time eating them. Burgers are tasty although hubby said his was a little overcooked to his liking. I can also recommend the wilted spinach salad. I was licking my fingers!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Augustine, Florida
“What a great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We really enjoyed this place. The scallops were out of this world. The presentation, service and food were really great. I love that it's in an alleyway with a nice outside dining too.

Visited September 2013
Jupiter
“Brevard Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Good food, good service, great atmosphere. One of Brevard's best kept secrets. A good mix of locals and visitors. Prices are about average for a restaurant of this quality and type. Food quality is extra good. The service has always been quick and efficient. Have been there for just drinks, listened to live music in the evening and enjoyed it very much. Sitting outside in the alley is one of best things about the place. We have taken visiting friends and the reaction is always the same: great.

charlotte
“Perfect Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by this gem on our way back from the mountains. The atmosphere is cozy and casual with a delicious menu. I had the basic breakfast with eggs, sausage, and a perfectly fluffy, southern biscuit. The side of smoked Gouda grits were awesome! My husband had eggs Benedict and his plate was clean in minutes. I wish we lived nearby because the looks like a perfect neighborhood haunt for all meals and cocktail hour. The staff were delightful!