“Best restaurant in Brevard!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 58 Restaurants in Brevard
Cuisines: American, Bar, Asian fusion, Fish & Chips
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Located in a beautifully restored historic building...down a quiet alley in the heart of Downtown Brevard, The Square Root Restaurant is as well known for its architectural and artistic decor as it is for its fabulous food. Whether you're hoping to enjoy the ambiance of our indoor dining room, our locally crafted wood bar top, or the fresh breezes of our covered outdoor patio - there is room for everyone. Our atmosphere is inviting for romantic evenings, cocktails with friends, and family gatherings. We pride ourselves on serving locally roasted coffee from The Brown Bean, and we offer several local brews on tap and by the bottle. Menu choices include options to please the young and the old, the adventurous and the picky eaters, and anyone who enjoys delicious fresh food at reasonable prices. We also offer a full bar with extensive wine and cocktail choices.
Texas
“Best restaurant in Brevard!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I wandered into this charming restaurant, tucked away in an alley, and were instantly charmed. Paul, the amiable bartender, explained the history of the restaurant and the unusual bar and flooring. We ordered the fried brie appetizer and enjoyed it so much we came back the next day to eat it again. In fact, we were in Brevard for two nights and ate three of our meals at Square Root. Every dish we ordered was delicious. The service was attentive, prompt and friendly and the ambiance was one-of-a-kind. Highly recommended!

80% Recommend
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Excellent food, service and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed this mountain restaurant. My trout, a favorite, was outstanding and my husband's pork was very good. We had a charming efficient waiter and on a raining night it was a cozy spot to be. Everything appeared to be made on sight and very fresh.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
orlando, fl
“YUM-YUM !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I found this restaurant by accident. We were walking around and looked down a road and BAM! Glad we went in the decor was killer the bar was made of a huge slab of white maple and the floor tile was cut pieces of wood . The food was AWESOME ! I recommend (if not dieting) the fried Brie (with green apples , caramel sauce and crackers) HOLY CRAP YUM ! . The Scallops were also a knock out. Wish I had some room left for the Banana Fosters but I had too many of the local beers on tap. Great meal I hope I find my way back there again some time

Edmonton
“Music in the deluge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were in Brevard the week of unending rain. Sat on the deck at Square Root listening to blue grass music with a river of water flowing by and all I could think of was '"Oh Brother, Where art Thou?
First time I had Fried Green Tomatoes in a BLT and it was delicious! Lip smackin' good!
A lasting memory of Brevard, for sure.

Naples, FL
“One of the better lunch experiences in Brevard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Ate lunch with wife and one year old around 1pm on a Friday, so it was very busy. The restaurant is kind of tough to find, no big deal but we walked around before finally asking for directions. The service was ok but that may have been a result of the rush...our daughter's order of mac n cheese came after we finished our meals.

But the food was really tasty. The fried green tomatoes were the best I've ever had. My wife had the Caesar salad which was made with care, although the carrot/tomato bisque soup was not to either of our tastes. I had the French dip sandwich and it was fantastic. The sweet potato chips are a must try.

I'd go back for seconds to try more of the menu...and the fried green tomatoes!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere