“A lovely mountain respite” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ash Grove Mountain Cabins & Camping

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brevard
Prices are for rooms, adults
Ash Grove Mountain Cabins & Camping
Save Saved
You added Ash Grove Mountain Cabins & Camping to your Saves list
749 East Fork Rd, Brevard, NC 28712   |
Sterling, Virginia
“A lovely mountain respite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

I was looking for a place that would be a fun getaway for my elderly mom and I, someplace cool in the summer, somewhere easily accessible for Mom. Ash Grove turned out to be just the ticket, the cabin had all the ammenities, well, no real tv, but we got by! No cell phone coverage either, but we got spotty cell reception when we were out and about in the nearby towns, plus the wi-fi worked all day and all night, despite the website claims that it was only functional during office hours! We stayed at the 1BR Woodspirits' Retreat cabin, with a nice kitchen, a pull-out sofabed plus the regular queen-size bed, full bath, and a marvelous screened porch which had a porch swing, yeayyyy. We had our own bbq and picnic table so we had the requisite weenie roast too. I can build a charcoal fire alright, loved that, but to my chagrin, I found out you have to roast your marshmallows separately when making s'mores, otherwise you just get a couple of graham crackers and totally melted chocolate and totally unmelted marshmallows which have to be tossed, ha. The campground owners go out of their way to make all guests feel welcome, the housekeeping is sparkling. If you want a cool place to lose yourself in the mountains, this is the one!

• Liked — The remoteness, the bbq, the porch swing, the wi-fi!
  • Disliked — Not a thing, everything was great!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2007

I have been a visitor to Ash Grove for the past 3 years and I can not say enough good things about the campground. This has got to be by far the cleanest campground I have ever stayed. The setting is so beautiful, peaceful, and quite. I love this campground because it is smaller than the ones I have stayed in the past so it is more relaxing. Mark and Steve the owners make it a point to talk to all there guest and make sure they are comfortable. If you are looking for a nice place to stay, choose this campground. You won't be sorry.

• Liked — The bathrooms were the so clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
412 anderson st. bristol TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2006

I loved the cabins and campsites.I recomend it for anyone who likes to have a relaxing time.It is a very peacful private place.And they have the cleanest bathrooms out of all the campsites i've ever been to!The owners mark and steve are very nice and I think anyone would enjoy there stay there.

• Liked — the relaxation
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Key West, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2006

I have just returned from a road trip to NC and had the pleasure of staying at a delightful, rustic cabin at Ash Grove Cabins just 7 miles south of Brevard, NC. It was nestled amongst the trees in a 14 acre setting with only 3 other cabins. The cabin I rented was dog-friendly, aptly named Dogwood Den and for those who desire a peaceful, rustic, back to nature setting this is it. The cabin was very clean, cosy for 2 and a dog, no cell phone access, no internet, and very basic TV. The owners Mark & Steven are friendly and very helpful. There were some easy trails within the resort that led to hidden streams, small waterfalls and places where one could meditate and reflect on the beauty around you. Approximately 5 miles away is Dupont State Forest - home of 4 beautiful waterfalls that are all accessible via short (less than 2 miles) walking trails. It was a wonderful, refreshing way to spend half a day. I would highly recommend Ash Grove to anyone who appreciates a simple getaway and can relate to Ash Grove's motto "Nature revives the spirit".

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Ash Grove Mountain Cabins & Camping? Share your experiences!