I was looking for a place that would be a fun getaway for my elderly mom and I, someplace cool in the summer, somewhere easily accessible for Mom. Ash Grove turned out to be just the ticket, the cabin had all the ammenities, well, no real tv, but we got by! No cell phone coverage either, but we got spotty cell reception when we were out and about in the nearby towns, plus the wi-fi worked all day and all night, despite the website claims that it was only functional during office hours! We stayed at the 1BR Woodspirits' Retreat cabin, with a nice kitchen, a pull-out sofabed plus the regular queen-size bed, full bath, and a marvelous screened porch which had a porch swing, yeayyyy. We had our own bbq and picnic table so we had the requisite weenie roast too. I can build a charcoal fire alright, loved that, but to my chagrin, I found out you have to roast your marshmallows separately when making s'mores, otherwise you just get a couple of graham crackers and totally melted chocolate and totally unmelted marshmallows which have to be tossed, ha. The campground owners go out of their way to make all guests feel welcome, the housekeeping is sparkling. If you want a cool place to lose yourself in the mountains, this is the one!
- Also Known As:
- Ash Grove Resort Cabins & Camping Hotel
- Ash Grove Resort Cabins & Camping Hotel Brevard
- Ash Grove Resort Cabins And Camping
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nature Revives the Spirit. Revive yours at one of our fully equipped 1, 2 or 3 bedroom cabins; secluded tent sites or shady RV sites. Located on 14 wooded mountaintop acres near Brevard, Asheville, waterfalls, hiking and mountain biking. ... more less