“never again!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 59 Restaurants in Brevard
Sapphire, North Carolina
“never again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

I don't even have the words to express how bad the experience was. I mean really, you want something a little better than fast food, and after all, its breakfast, how can you screw that up. Well how would I know, we never got our food after waiting 40 minutes, but total we had been there an hour already because it took 20 minutes to get a cup of decaf, and a glass of milk, I didn't get creamer, I had to go get it off a table that had left, and was still dirty, I couldn't get her attention to get a spoon to stir with, so I got it myself too. That was okay. I didn't know it was going rapidly downhill from there. I watched our server doing lots of things but none of them was serving customers...lalalala....??? Then I felt it, my coffee wasn't decaf .......this is really a bad thing for me, but I tried to give her a break, and not complain and be nice and wait for our food. 40 minutes later our food was no closer to being there. I was never asked if I wanted a refil, matter of fact, they made the table next to ours wait for 15 minutes because they said they didn't have coffee ready yet. Really??? Not even coffee? The place was pretty full, but only one table had food. All the staff was running around, but nothing was being accomplished. It was just crazy. I couldn't stay any longer......regular coffee, and watching this was not a good combination. Everyone in there was upset. These 2 elderly ladies sitting beside our table wanted to leave. They told the man there they had already waited 45 minutes, and they were so sweet about it. I couldn't take it anymore, and told my sweetie" Lets Go" He couldn't believe it. I have NEVER walked out of a restaurant before in my life, but I figured we still had time to run down to Mc Donalds and grab a biscuit, at 10:28 we got to the counter and the young man told us they didn't serve after 10:30. I told him, "its 10:28, he said "sorry", and we left there too. Luckily we stumbled upon Julies Subs and more across from Brevard College, and within 10 minutes we had our drinks order taken and our fantastic breakfast sitting on our table. It was SO good!! and the restaurant was almost full. The Huddle House needs to clean up the place, from the ceiling to the floor to the staff and management, and obviously they need training. I've eaten at Huddle House in Dillsboro, and Cullowhee, and have always enjoyed it, but I'll NEVER go back to the one in Brevard unless I hear a whole lot of changes have been made and its 100% new and improved.

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Brevard, North Carolina
“wow!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

in one word....WOW!!! Changes have been noticably made at this Huddle House. From management on down. They seem to be getting back on track with what is really important.....the customers. My family and I had a wonderful experience, the food was hot, service was warm and inviting, the only problem we had was the a/c is turned to "north pole". I am very glad to see, after many years of attenting the Huddle on a regular basis, employees seem to be a team once again. I will definitly be back and encourage all of you to do so as well.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Keep Driving!!!))))”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011 via mobile

My experience at the Brevard huddle house was very distasteful!!!...after setting ourselves, it took forever for the waitress to come and take our order. Something must have happened in the area, the cook and waitress was to busy listening to the local gossip. And forgot all about us. And once the food did arrive (bacon & eggs) The worst I've ever had!! Needless to say...go somewhere else.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere