“Amazing find” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Deerwoode Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brevard
Deerwoode Resort
You added Deerwoode Resort to your Saves list
269 Riversedge Rd, Brevard, NC 28712   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brevard
Alexandria, Virginia
“Amazing find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Deerwoode Resort is a wonderful find for us. We hiked the miles of trails, chilled out on the front porch swing, and took early morning walks around ponds with rising mist. Wildlife was abundant. We saw herons, pied-billed grebes, warblers, and many other birds. The Bear Cabin was cozy and comfortable. And the owners were helpful and friendly. Peace, quiet, comfort, and nature.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Several weeks ago my wife and I spent a couple of days in Brevard at Deerwoode Resort. We stayed in a cabin which was VERY NICE. The grounds are unique and the commitment to sustainability and the environment are inspirational: http://www.deerwoode.com/about.php

We spoke at length with Bill and his son Matt. They told us the story of how Deerwoode Resort came into being. There is a cool video on their homepage.

Room Tip: We loved staying in a cabin.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I spent 4 nights in the River Cabin. A quaint one room cabin at Deerwoode Resort. The cabin is situated along the French Broad river under a shade tree. The covered back porch overlooks the river and was our favorite place to be. Deerwoode is also a certified wildlife habitat. You can watch the river otters, rabbits, white squirrels, and birds from the back porch. Early morning and dusk the river otters would travel as a family past the cabin. There are quite a few walking trails on the property that will take you through a bamboo forest, to a "hideaway cabin" (left over from it's former camp days) and to the top of the mountain. Very close to Pisgah National Forest and Dupont State Park both of which are great for hiking and mountain biking. The resort is also only minutes to downtown Brevard NC.

Room Tip: Cabins vary in size but the River cabin is the only one right on the river other have views of ponds...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We were lucky enough to book the Bear Cabin for an acoustic weekend with Matt and the guys. Im a Jupiter Coyote fan but being able to have an up close experience with a max of 22 guests at the lodge and a talented experienced band was truly a one of a kind opportunity. Matt, his Dad, and family our truly people who never need any suggestions on hospitality and service. I felt like family the first time I called to book the reservation. I echo the comments on Asheville, Brevard, shopping, dining, waterfalls at Pigsah National forest, fishing, running trails, tubing, hiking, canoeing, ping pong, games, alone time, quiet frog nights, open space, and peacefulness being at your fingertips. What a great deal for an unforgettable trip. You can not even compare this place to a Hotel or Inn. Where else can you wake up on a Sat am in June, walk 25 feet, and hook a 3lb bass on a topwater frog in 3 casts. We look forward to many more short trips from Charlotte. Thanks.

Room Tip: Cabins our special but lodge rooms looked private, convenient and quiet as well.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lexington, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed the weekend in Deerwoode and I loved it so much I felt like I had to tear myself away when we left. We got a room in the lodge - "The Deer Room" - which like the rest of the buildings are adorned with original paintings of the owner's wife. Our room was very rustic with heart pine floors, panels, and ceilings, clean as a whistle, and well appointed with the necessities, but by no means the luxuries. You wake up in the morning to the sounds of nature in the cool crisp morning air and you can hike, fish, canoe, and generally relax like no place else in a sumptous 175 acre wildlife preserve. The lakes are teaming with fish almost like fishing in a barrel, and my wife and I hiked around the entire property which borders a long stretch of the French Broad River and included a dense bamboo forest as well as ascending to the summit of Sugerloaf Mountain. Trust me, we had no trouble sleeping that night!

I should also mention that amazingly you can be right downtown in Brevard, NC, a charming and quaint mountain town in five minutes from Deerwoode. We had a lot of fun with the local shopping and locally owned restaurants. I have to mention that at age 56 I have eaten many hamburgers in my time, but the New Orleans Burger at Jordan St Cafe beat them all. It was a purely delightful slobberfest which I had to mash down with my hand in order to be able to fit part of it in my mouth. I had to "assume the position" as instructed by Guy Fieri with both hands on the burger by necessity and with elbows out and pointed up to keep the juice from running down my arms.

I promise I will redo that weekend many more times in the future. The owner, Bill, is a friendly and engaging host and makes sure you are comfortable and satisfied with your stay. He has run this facility with love and care for 46 years and even planted an estimated 30,000 trees. It is inconceivable to me how they maintain Deerwoode in the amazing condition it is in but the whole place is easily accessible and they maintain overlooks on the river and on all the ponds.

For total decompression combined with shopping and dining in a peaceful friendly village, you can't beat Deerwoode.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dalton, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

The hospitality of the staff, majestic scenery, and accommodations made Deerwoode the perfect choice for our small group retreat . The Coyote Lodge is perfect for group gatherings while the campfire circle provides a different atmosphere for socializing. The lakes and nature trails also provide for fun activities such as biking, hiking, fishing and canoeing. The proximity to downtown Brevard is perfect for experiencing fine dining and shopping. Our group had a fabulous and look forward to returning soon!

Room Tip: The Lodge rooms a great, especially those who may be hosting a group retreat, while the cabins offer...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

This family owned group of cabins sits on many acres of peace and quiet! If you like cabins with all the comforts of home, this cabin is not for you, but if you enjoy something that is a little more rustic and want to be able to hear yourself think, this is your spot. Bill, the owner, was very nice and was able to help us plan our hiking trips for a few days. There is a hiking trail around the property which was a nice easy walk, the property is only two miles from the cute town of Brevard, and 15 minutes from Dupont and Pisgah national forests.

Room Tip: Choose the River Cabin if you are coming as a couple. It was the most secluded of the cabins, right...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Deerwoode Resort? Share your experiences!