“Food is Excellent...Unexpected Atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 128 Restaurants in Boone
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Food is Excellent...Unexpected Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Great coffee, smoothies, and the best cinnamon bun ever! Service from the staff was great, but the atmosphere is not what I expected. It is not a coffee shop, just a bakery where you walk in to get your food and coffee, and then leave. Some seating outside. The usual customers are obviously not patient for the new visitors. I love visiting local places... this one definitely is a place to visit for the food, but not for good mountain vibes.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
StickBoyBread, Owner at Stick Boy Bread Co, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Hi ncmtlover,

Thanks for the great review of our products and service! I'm sorry that our lack of seating and "atmosphere" made you feel the need to deduct a star. It is true that we have always been a takeout location without the parking or space for formal seating. But we still strive to give good mountain vibes and enjoy connecting with locals, students and tourists! If seating is what you are looking for, try our Stick Boy Kitchen cafe location on Boone Heights drive. Many of the same bakery products along with sandwiches, salads, soups, bagels, etc with seating for 40. Hope to see you soon!

“StixBoy, Boone, NC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stixboy is as Good a bakery as I have ever done business with

Wonderful quality and excellent coffee.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Best cinnamon bun EVER......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stopped in for a few cinnamon buns to have w/ our Starbucks coffee on our way home to VA. Had I know how DELICIOUS the cinnamon bun was going to be, I would have gotten more to take home!!! It was absolutely the best I've ever had. We grabbed a few cookies, too, and they were great, as well, but not as good as the cinnamon bun! Be sure to grab a bag of trail mix, too, because it is top-grade yummy, as well!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
StickBoyBread, Owner at Stick Boy Bread Co, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Hi PJGator - Thanks for the great review! We have great coffee too so next time try a cup of Bald Guy Brew out of Valle Crucis or Larry's Beans out of Raleigh! All organic fair trade, supporting our local economy and we use organic whole milk as well. Hope you make it back to Boone soon.

Carson
Buford, Georgia
“AWESOME!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I'm not a coffee drinker, the best cinnamon bun I've ever had. The muffins looked amazing too. You get a sugar rush just walking in the door. :D

“Best Cookies Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I love Stick Boy Bread Company. They make awesome cookies along with other breads and sandwiches. I would highly recommend this to anyone coming or going. I will warn you though.... it is addictive.

• Visited May 2014