“.great seafood” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 127 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Seafood
“.great seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Our food was served fast, hot, & fresh. Very good fish and shrimp. Definitely worth a try. The restaurant itself could use some updating.

Mountain City, Tennessee
“Love the Hushpuppies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Have eaten at Mike's for many years - always enjoy our visits. Really like the char-grilled cod and scallops, and the hushpuppies are among the best! Can get small, med., or large portion size, which is really nice when we are watching calories. Servers are always helpful, friendly.

Boone, North Carolina
“So So”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This place has been in Boone for years, but slowly it goes down hill. The prices are high and and the portions are small and very greasy. Atmosphere is great and the service is good. Just pricey.

Boone, NC
“Average food. Calabash shrimp way too greasy.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

The owner was very nice and pleasant! Seems like a great and genuine guy. However the food left a lot to be desired. The fried calabash shrimp would have been great if it wasn't so greasy. The onion rings tasted somewhat like grease too (but at least used real & fresh onions). The cole slaw was horrible! It had no taste and almost like a big pile of mush (very weird texture). The one good thing I had to eat: the hushpuppies. They're the second best hushpuppies I've ever tasted second to Charleston Crab House's puppies.

The prices are on the higher side, but they do give you huge portions (my fried calabash shrimp was the "small" plate but still enough for two people). It's the only seafood place in Boone. I MIGHT try it again but won't be getting the fried shrimp again. I've heard the fish isn't as greasy. I just ate WAY too much grease tonight for my liking or stomach to take.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Reidville
“Small but Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

While visiting my aunt in the NC mountains she took me to this very small restaurant for lunch. I was so skeptical at first. I'm not much of a seafood eater but I chose the flounder fillet lunch special ( 3 good portions). OMG....I am so glad I did!! The flounder did not have the fried taste....if it had any batter on it at all you could not tell it by the taste. This was the best fish I have ever eaten!! And the homemade hushpuppies....These too get the OMG...for their taste!! They were so good, I could have just had them alone!! The slaw & French fries were also good. So don't be lead away by the outside appearance of this little place...the food is amazing as was the service!! The serve was fast, food hot & delicious, price very reasonable!! So if you are anywhere Boone, NC you should stop by, you will not be disappointed!! I can not wait to go back!!!!

• Visited May 2014