“Quick lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
West Jefferson, North Carolina
“Quick lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Pleasantly surprised with the good lunch. Good variety of sandwiches and salads, also great breakfast menu. The cucumber salad is delicious. The place could use a good scrubbing as the tables felt sticky. Enjoyed the meal

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, Virginia
“Great Breakfast at Sunrise Grill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I ate breakfast here on July 5. We arrived early, around 8:30, I think. Anyway, there was no line waiting to be seated. Our server was very friendly, kept the hot coffee coming. Our food arrived quickly and was very tasty. The restaurant was definitely filling up fast after our arrival...so getting there early is the key. The chef even came out of the kitchen to ask the diners if everything was ok.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rolesville, North Carolina
“What a Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

It was our last day in Banner Elk and I wanted one more breakfast. I remember seeing the Sunrise Grill on the way to Boone and thought we would give it a try. Well, I wish we had stopped sooner. The breakfast was great and our server Caroline was great. My wife had her usual 2 eggs scrambled with bacon. Caroline raved about the hash so much I had to try it. Awesome... I had the briskethash with an extra egg (I usually have to have 3 eggs). It was very fresh and spiced just right. The sauce on the side was just a delightful extra. The next time we're in the area we will definitely have more than one meal at the Sunrise Grill.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boone, North Carolina
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We are local and have always heard how great this place is. Well, we were sadly disappointed. It is a "seat yourself" joint which I always think is a bad idea. I ordered2 egg whites. I didn't think that was too ask for. They charged me $2 per egg for the egg whites in addition to my meal. For that $4, I could buy 2 dozen eggs at the store. I got them any way. When the server brought them out, they were still clear and jelly like. Yuck. Needless to say, I won't be going back any time soon.

Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“Greatest Breakfast in Boone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This is a great place to eat breakfast and or lunch. They are not open for dinner. Great food and prices. The servers are very friendly and your coffee cup will never be empty before someone is refilling it.

Visited July 2014