“Delicious food, but noisy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 127 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Raleigh, NC
“Delicious food, but noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The food at Vidalia is delicious -- interesting arrangements and combinations, very expertly prepared. The service is very attentive and helpful. BUT the place is NOISY!!! It's a very small space and tables are tightly packed and the place is usually full. So, if you want to have a conversation with your dining partners, choose somewhere else. If you are more interested in food than conversation, then this is your place. It is also not an inexpensive venture.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sarasota, Florida
“Local cuisine with a special touch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This tiny restaurant fills up quickly and we had been traveling all day so we decided to beat the crowd and eat early. We are glad we did. The restaurant feels like a cozy local haunt, our waitress was very nice and gave good service. My husband started with a very delicious bibb Caesar salad with dressing on the side, his main meal was called chicken and dumplings but instead with sweet potato gnocchi (I found them to be very doughy and no taste of sweet potato) in a rich cream sauce. While my husband had his salad I enjoyed a blood orange San Pellegrino and Pinot. I had read about guests raving about the trout so that is what I had and I am glad I did. I had two generous portions of oat crusted trout filet that were mounded on top of preserved lemon dressed micro greens (very small portion of greens), generous portions of rich cornbread and perfectly cooked carrot medallions and green beans, all very nicely plated. I consumed the entire dish and was so full we resisted dessert. Great stop in Boone!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Delicious through and through!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This place was a little more on the upscale side and we were dressed super casual from hiking earlier. The service was fantastic, the food was outstanding, and it had a great ambiance.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jupiter, Florida
“Just Plain Delicious and Creative.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I love trout and I was not disappointed with this one. I liked also the art on the walls. Great service. I also like that they will split the check for you if requested when ordered.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Delicious.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stumbled upon Vidalia while searching TripAdvisor for a local BBQ joint. The entire family was wanting to experience the local cuisine while we were vacationing near Boone and I am so glad we chose Vidalia!! We were actually being served by the co-owner (something we discovered after seeing her picture framed in the back near the restrooms), which explained her perfect knowledge of each dish. We started with the delightful onion rings and macaroni and cheese appetizers. We later added their steamed mussels appetizer much to the delight of my husband. I joined several in our family and selected the crab cakes for my entree, adding a side of the fabulous "grown up" macaroni and cheese. Perfect service and impeccably prepared food. Who could ask for more? I would recommend reservations - We called ahead for our party of 12. The restaurant was surprisingly full for a Wednesday night.