“Great food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Frankfort, KY
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Enjoyed the food, service and setting...the bibb salad was excellent, did not have Tanqueray in bar.

Visited May 2013

89% Recommend
Boone, North Carolina
“Great Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I ate here with my wife on Valentine's and it was awesome. Food is exceptional and the service is even better. Great place. We will be back.

Visited February 2013
Blacksburg, Virginia
“What a shame”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

After reading the mostly great reviews, my husband and I decided to try this restaurant. We were so disappointed. Not only was the restaurant tiny, stuffy and loud, the service was mediocre and the food was absolutely terrible. I've never been to a "fine dining" establishment that has so much fried food items on their menu. The food was as if I was eating at a glorified Applebee's except I was paying double for gross heavy food. I'm all about eating southern food with a twist, but just simply deep frying everything is hardly what I would call southern fine dining. Besides the food sitting very heavy in our stomachs, there was no flavor whatsoever, the vegetables were the most edible thing but even those weren't the greatest. We tried dessert thinking they might be able to redeem themselves with that, all we ended up doing was wasting more money. This is totally an embarrassment to what southern food should be, save your money and go elsewhere.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Eagle Furnace, TN, USA
“Towering burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

While staying at The Mast Farm Inn in nearby Valle Crucis, the innkeeper Danielle recommended Vidalia. It was a sterling rec. We began with an eggroll special and the mac n' cheese starter (which is different than the side order). The eggrolls were good but I don't remember them too well, meaning they were definitely not the best item to hit our table that evening. The mac n cheese, I remember. Oh, the goat cheese and panko made it so delicious and molten. Mmmmm. Then our mains arrived. JJC had the house burger, which comes with a vidalia onion ring on top of it. I'm not sure I've ever seen a taller burger in real life. It was insane. And the burger was reportedly as good as the size was large. I had the chicken and waffles. The frying was light and delicate while the chicken was so juicy and tender. Adding the fluffy waffles and succulent gravy to a bite of that chicken was mmmm-mmmmm heaven.

Service was great and the beer selection, while a bit limited, was good.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
McCalla, AL
“YUMMY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We ate here on a recommendation of a local. It was delicious. You must have the onion ring appetizer! I had shrimp and grits and my husband had a burger for entree. We left the restaurant very pleased!

Visited April 2013