“Pizza was excellent.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Sevierville
“Pizza was excellent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Several restaurants were packed at 1230 on Sunday the end of October so we walked on up the street to Murphy's. We tried the Gourmet White Pizza and it was as good as any I have ever had. The large was just $9.95 so lunch was tasty, affordable and we had left overs. Staff was spot on too! Their angus burgers looked gigantic and we on special for $6.95. Would definitely go again.

Apex, North Carolina
“Better than it looks to be!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Went to Murphy's a couple times in the past few weeks. Once with my family, once with my friends. Murphy's is a good place to go to get good food fairly cheap. Both days I went were game days, which means that every restaurant downtown Boone is going to be crowded. But both times, we were able to sit down at an open table as soon as we walked in.

The waitresses both times were nice, but didn't come around that often to check up on us or fill up our drinks - but I guess that is expected on a game day when they are busy. The first time I ordered a sandwich called the Murph-a-lotta, which was really good - I ate the whole thing! I ordered potato salad as a side and was pleasantly surprised when I tasted it and it had a good flavor. They put bacon in it and with the large potato pieces, it came together very nicely. The second time I ordered a cheeseburger, which was very good too! It was a little greasy, but that's expected for a place that serves bar food. It was very good though! I asked the waitress for mustard to go with my burger when they brought out the food and she said she'd be right back, but after waiting for a long time, I decided to just go ahead and start eating my burger before it got cold. She did end up bringing it, but it was when I was about half way through my meal.

The atmosphere of Murphy's is nothing special. It actually looks kind of grimy and old, but I think the food is a lot better than you would think it would be if you just walked in and judged it by the atmosphere (booths with tears in the seats). The service overall was not great - it was actually kind of lacking. But I wasn't really expecting fabulous service when I walked in. I would recommend Murphy's to someone who is looking for pretty good food for a good price. It's not fantastic, but it is better than you would think.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, North Carolina
“a pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Can't thank the friendly staff enough for helping me out of a bad situation. Being from out of town and planning a Monday trip with FIFTEEN people, I took someone's advice and made reservations at a downtown restaurant that I thought would know the "PROPER" way to take and hold the reservation. When we got to this place, they were closed for lunch because they had a staff party the night before and decided to close for lunch!! No call, no warning, nothing! Went cross the street to Murphy's where we were treated well and the food was delicious. Service was quick and friendly! Thank you for changing what could have been a bad situation.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Murphy's food remains tops!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

With Gourmet pizza at low, low prices, wing specials that keep the WING in them, and a BBQ sandwich (or plate) that makes for two meals, Murphy's is still tops in food in downtown Boone. The music on Friday and Saturday's keeps the toes tapping and the hands clapping for a low cover charge. But come in early to watch the games in the bar or relax on the deck out back with a beverage and some cheese fries, alfredo meatball sub, or wings. Murphy's food should make it your next meal in Boone. We sat at the bar and had the best time chatting with the locals and watching football, baseball, and the Olympics while enjoying our great pizza.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carolina Coast
“Suck up the tourist dollar”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Food and service were lousy. Example: French onion soup. Straight out of a can very salty soup with 2 small pieces of pseudo french bread with a little bit of cheese that had been microwaved. Soup was barely warm, had to wait 30 minutes for it and waiter did not check for 15 minutes. Did not offer any compensation such as a dessert or drink and the waiter did not understand why the experience was unacceptable. Never addressed by management either. But at high season in a resort town, you can make a killing serving processed crap to the tourists. Boone is a great town with some great restaurants. Don't make the mistake of eating here.

Visited July 2012