“Great food, good prices, nice atmosphere.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 126 restaurants in Boone
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
LINVILLE
“Great food, good prices, nice atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I've eaten at Pepper's my entire life. Does anyone remember a Pepper's location in Linville? Well, I do! I've consistently had good food. This visit I had the Blackened Mahi sandwich. It was delicious and perfectly cooked. I had fresh fruit for my side item. The fruit here is always very fresh and presented beautifully. Desserts here are phenomenal as well. The sour cream apple pie is my favorite apple pie anywhere. I highly recommend Pepper's!

• Visited December 2013

70% Recommend
Dublin, Georgia
“BEST SANDWICH EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

If you love Turkey sandwiches, then you gotta try this one out...Its called the Jean Lawson special named after the actual lady who thought it up...turkey,marinated mushrooms,onions,green peppers,pepper jack cheese on a steamed kaiser roll...WOW!!! its the best

Charlotte, North Carolina
“A Very, Very Bad Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I'm in town for a conference at Appalachian State and went with a group of 14 folks last night to Pepper's. It was crowded but they had reserved a table for us. We started out well but the night went downhill quickly thereafter. Our waiter was very personable and quite possibly, the only redeeming element of the experience. Not long after we had ordered he brought out salad bar plates for everyone at the table with the announcement that the kitchen was backed up and we each could have a complementary salad bar. Nice touch. I'd also ordered a French Onion Soup, which was quite good. Our waiter then came to the table and asked if we would mind having our entrees come as they became ready, as opposed to all at once. No problem we said, we'll do that. Approximately one hour later, the last person at the table received their meal. During this time the waiter remarked to us that the kitchen had a $400 catering order that took precedence over our orders, this while maybe three of our entrees had been delivered to the table.

I'd ordered the Blackened Chicken Pasta with vegetables. When it got to the table, it was gummy mess, chicken overdone and what few vegetables came with it were cooked beyond comprehension. I ate about a third of the thing and gave up. One of my companions had ordered the Teriyaki Chicken which came out blackened, with a small container of Teriyaki sauce.

We finally all finished and cashed out, with no recognition by any of the other staff or management about how badly treated the table had been. As I look at all of the glowing reviews for the place, I'm wondering if we didn't accidentally wonder into a Pepper's in an alternative universe.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Boone, North Carolina
“Great Place thats a Boone Classic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Peppers is a great place to come to for some great food. I usually come in when they have there specials which is almost everyday. Monday is half priced apps, Tuesdays is Mahi Mahi tacos for $2 and Wednesday is wing night. My favorite there is the catfish. Not many places in Boone have catfish so I thoroughly enjoy it. The service is excellent they make you feel like a part of the family which is always nice. They always have great drink specials also.

Cleveland, Ohio
“A local favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

back in town for a few days and met a friend for lunch. seated promptly. waiter got to us quickly, took drink orders and provided menus. had a really tasty french dip sandwich and my friend had a meatball sandwich. we also both had the salad bar. the salad bar is quite simple but very tasty and satisfying. enough options to make it interesting but not so many that you forget it is actually a salad bar. modest price, good service, good food - a winner in my book

• Visited October 2013