“Great sandwiches!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great sandwiches!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were out leaf peeping and decided to stop in Boone for lunch. We looked around for a non-chain restaurant (not easy in this college town), and finally spotted Macado's. (Unknown to us at the time, this is a chain restaurant.) We got a table right away and started looking over the menu. So many choices! And they all looked so good! I got a Carpetbagger--sliced steak, lettuce, tomato, mayo, melted cheddar and 1000 island dressing on a French roll and it was delicious! My partner had the Big Daddy which was also good. We commented a few more times that afternoon about how good the sandwiches were. A great find as far as we were concerned. Yum!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
Va/Nc Border
“Wonder why I disagree so much??”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I seem to be at odds with the majority of reviews here....first they tried to seat us at a table that was a whirlygig...shifted, bowed, moved like a helicopter...then they tried seating two more groups there...all refused....you'd think they get a clue.....my sandwich, the Ziegfeld was great but the other 3 meals were barely average....then my waitress just shrugged her shoulders when I asked why the french onion soup had no crouton/bread and no cheese on top....nothing. One of our party got a look at the kitchen and was compelled to ask about their health department inspection score...scary....all while a couple at a nearby table were refusing to pay for some aspect of their meal. Sorry 4 star reviewers, but I'd take a pass here in future

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
West Jefferson, North Carolina
“Sinking Ship Fixed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I am always delighted to see when an establishment heeds the concerns of its customers. When I had visited last May, this restaurant was going downhill - especially in the cleanliness department. Since I love Macado's and have a long "on-again, off-again" history, I gave them another try. I am so very happy I did... The restaurant was clean, the food was back to its wonderful tastiness and customer service was great, as well. I will, once again, visit and recommend this restaurant. Good job, Macado's!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Great Food and fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great casual dining and fun atomosphere. The menu is huge, almost a little overwhelming. They're sandwiches are great and my favorite is their signature cinnamon rolls. We always have to get some of those to go. They're huge and I'm sure loaded with calories, but worth it!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Woodstock, Georgia
“Good bar food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We had the Titanic sandwich which is a French dip. The meat was moist with great flavor. The decor was typical bar. The staff was excellent. The cinnamon buns smelled great going back for one.

Visited September 2013