“Outstanding meal!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Gamekeeper Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 127 Restaurants in Boone
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 100 yards up Shulls Mill Rd from the entrance to Yonahlossee
North Carolina, USA
“Outstanding meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I had date night at the gamekeeper last night. It was the best meal I have had in a long time. Our service wad great, very friendly and available, but no hovering. The food we had was delicious. Okra salad, friend green tomatos woth heirloom tomatoes and pesto, wild boar, pheasant w leek flan. The wine we chose was recommended by our server and was fantastic as well. I've been to the gamekeeper before always with great food! Last night our experience was do wonderful I couldn't resist leaving a review so others can go enjoy it as well.

Coconut Grove, FL
“The most amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

The place is nice, a little rustic. Service is just phenomenal as is the food. You would never think there would be this amazing food in the middle of the mountains. Nothing was wrong, the wine was excellent too and the price was very reasonable. I made the reservation for a Tuesday in April, two weeks before, the restaurant was full when we got there but they had our table ready for us. Made it through Open Table.

Boone, North Carolina
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

I can not rave enough about this place. The food is out of my budget to come here regularly, but I still try to get here once every month or two. The service is fantastic and the food as amazing and you can feel good about eating it because the ingredients are mostly local.

Went here for our anniversary and we ordered the sea gift, the ostrich, the escarole salad, and the bread pudding along with a bottle of champagne to celebrate. Again, outstanding and you will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2011
Lanett, Alabama
“Overpriced but unique food - not unique flavor.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011 via mobile

Have given them two chances. Were disappointed both times. Really can't tell a difference between their unique foods from any other. Won't go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Finally--a restaurant I want to go to in Boone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

I have eaten here twice in the last two months and loved it! My husband and I do not eat out much in Boone/Blowing Rock because we are usually disappointed with the food and service wherever we go. We like to cook and so more often than not we feel like we could have eaten better, for less, at home...until we tried The Gamekeeper! We first went with a group of friends (16 of us!) before Christmas. The atmosphere was delightful. As soon as we walked in we fell in love with the place. A real log fire was burning which was very welcome on a snowy night. This place has real character. The temperature was perfectly comfortable the whole time. We were so well taken care of--the service was excellent. If it's your first time too they make a point of explaining the local game they serve (where it is from) and what to expect from unusual dishes like ostrich and buffalo. We loved the ostrich and buffalo, the pork belly appetizer, and the salads are all incredible! I would recommend getting the mixed grill appetizer before ordering your entrees because you can sample some of the ostrich, buffalo and rattle snake sausage(!) before making your decision. The bread pudding dessert is also wonderful. The second visit was in January with a smaller group of friends. I thoroughly enjoyed the duck that time. Prices are very reasonable considering the quality of the food and service. We will definitely be returning to The Gamekeeper as often as we can!

• Visited January 2011