“Our Snowy Christmas Get-Away” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hidden Valley Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boone
Hidden Valley Motel
You added Hidden Valley Motel to your Saves list
8725 NC Hwy 105 South, Boone, NC 28607   |
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Boone
Georgia
“Our Snowy Christmas Get-Away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

The motel was great. It wasn't where we originally planned to stay, but due to the snow, we couldn't get to the more "trendy" motel we had intended on staying at. When we got to Hidden Valley, I rang the bell, and Mr. Harrison came and let us in the office, it was around 11:00 PM, and the couple live at their motel, and obviously were in bed. The rate was a modest $55 per night, and this was a true rate, with any taxes or other charges, already figured in. The room was as clean as any that I have stayed in, and were very roomy. They were fixed up like a guest room in some older persons house---right down to the ceiling fan, family pictures on the wall, and decorative cookie canisters on the shelves. Like I said, I felt like I was staying at my grandparent's house. The next morning, we saw Mrs. Harrison cleaning the rooms, and we asked her where we could buy a hair dryer, due to there not being one in the room. She said not to go buy one, my wife and daughter could borrow hers. Like I said, just like a trip to Grandmas house. The motel did not have a free continental breakfast or all of the amenities, you will find at the larger motels. But if you want a room with friendly service, and one where you know the sheets are changed every night---oh and a bargain too, then stay at this motel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

My wife and I only stayed the one night after meeting there with other friends while travelling in the area. The property grounds are picture perfect and clearly shows pride of ownership of this "Mom and Pop" kind of motel. If you scan their website, we can truly say the photos do not do this location justice, they must be seen to be appreciated. Even the attention to detail of pine furntiure in the rooms, the coziness in which they're decorated, have to be seen to be enjoyed. The owners, Jim and Maxine, make you feel like family from the moment you talk with them, and the feeling never ends. We definitely have this location book marked as a "must stay" for future visits to the region.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

Was in Boone for a watercolor workshop at Cheap Joe's Art Stuff 7/27-7/31. I wanted something cozy and out of the motel chain cookie cutter formula. And I found it at the 12 room Hidden Valley Motel! Stayed solo, queen size bed, room was immaculate, about 15 minute drive south of Boone town center proper. Yes it is decorated country but well done...knotty pine wainscot, shelving, and trim; collector's tins on shelves; country influenced wall art.

Addressing comments from earlier reviews you'll see posted: my room had a nice 32" LCD flat screen TV, and a small refrigerator. They do have wireless computer access at one end of the building and have it on the list of things-to-do to get a repeater so all rooms have access (in the meantime, it was easy enough to sit on a very comfortable porch swing within wi-fi range and get computer access). Would be nice to have a room microwave, I could care less about an in room coffee maker, but neither are dealbreakers for me,

The grounds are beautiful. Nice casual areas to sit outside, the whole front of the place is a wall to wall flower garden. And one couldn't ask for friendlier, more accommodating innkeepers, Jim & Maxine.

Go for it!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Apex, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

My daughter and I stayed at Hidden Valley when we went up to look for an apartment for the upcoming semester at App State. For that purpose the motel is a little out of the way, but it was so lovely and peaceful that I'm really glad we found it. I didn't really want to stay in a cookie cutter motel, and the prices for the sort I'm thinking of, such as Best Western or Holiday Inn were way over the top for our visit. The price at HV was great, (I'm sure it's higher during the high season, but it was less than half the price of the name brand hotels I researched... I can buy a lot of breakfast for that price!) The motel itself reminds me of all of the mom & pop motels that we scattered over the countryside thirty years ago. Then someone who loved it took over and gave it character. There are beautiful gardens and the rooms are individually decorated rather than matching a basic plan. The furnishings are very country, which isn't to my personal taste, but it certainly wasn't unpleasant in any way, I really enjoyed our stay.

The only thing that would have improved our stay would be internet availability. I don't know what that would cost, but my daughter had a paper she needed to finish up and e-mail to her professor and we had to find a internet cafe (not too difficult).

• Stayed May 2009
Central Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

We just got back from 3 nights at the Hidden Valley and we had a super time. Jim and Maxine were lovely and very warm and friendly. My best friend and I took my two children, we reserved rooms 1 and 2. Room 1 has a better layout I think, but both rooms had plenty of space. They were the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in at any price. They are basic rooms. The heater worked beautifully, the facilities in the bathroom worked and we had plenty of hot water. The TV looked new and had remotes. You won't find Pergo laminate flooring and Corian countertops. But everything works well, is modern and clean. If you need fake wood floors and Corian countertops, please feel free to pay upwards of $150 a night elsewhere. There are no phones but we had no trouble using our cell phones,

Every recommendation was spot on from where to sight see to where to eat lunch. They share their insider knowledge so you experience the area like a native rather than a tourist.

Being sensitive to cigarette smoke, I loved that this motel is smoke free. I can usually tell if someone has smoked in the room before as the smell never leaves the walls, carpet or curtains. These rooms smelled good and clean, not "I am hiding nasty smells" perfumy.

I will happily go back. And have already recommended it to friends.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2009

I was looking for economical, clean lodging near my son's college and found it at Hidden Valley. The owners couldn't be more pleasant and my room was very clean and comfortable. Not deluxe, mind you, and a coffeepot or microwave would have been nice but the location is great w/lots of local color and it is much more reasonable than all the B&Bs nearby. If you'll be out and about instead of inside a hotel room, this is the place for you! Also, I loved sleeping next door to the old Packard!

• Liked — proximity to Banner Elk and price
  • Disliked — size of room and lack of coffeepot
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Southeastern NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2007

Enjoyed my stay here. I prefer Mom and Pops to the huge motels that you have to walk 1/4 mile from your car to the room. It's more like driving up to your house and just going in the door.
Comfortable bed and nicely decorated. Owners were very pleasant and were eager to make sure stay was enjoyable.

I will stay here again.

Stayed December 2007

Been to Hidden Valley Motel? Share your experiences!