We stayed the weekend of July 19-22 for my daughter's birthday. We've been to Boone twice before, but never stayed in this hotel. I prefer the Carlson hotels, especially as a member, so I try to book a Carlson hotel as often as possible. This hotel was in a decent location - close enough to things to do and places to eat around town, but not in the thick of the city.
As was mentioned by others, the decor is a bit drab. I'm ok with that as it honestly could've been far worse. It did bother me that the pool was open due to a broken dehumidifier, but when I asked the lady working the desk about the pool (which, by the way, all front desk personnel were very attentive, friendly, and accommodating), she responded that they had worked out a deal with the La Quinta and Sleep Inn to use their pools. I thought this was fantastic as one of the draws to this hotel was the indoor pool. Big thumbs up for the contingency plan!
I didn't have the breakfast as I am not one to eat breakfast, however, as relayed to me by my wife, daughter, and her friend, it was not impressive. Hot items were either not hot, rubbery, or not very good. Waffles were waffles - hard to screw them up with pre-mixed bags and heat. We opted for breakfast elsewhere the other 2 mornings of our stay.
The rooms themselves were decent size, especially the bathrooms. With 3 females in tow, it's always nice to have space! Another reason I love to stay at Country Inn and Suites is because their bathrooms are on the larger side and come with fans. The only bad things I will say about our room is that the beds were a little uncomfortable and the toilet was not level (felt like I was leaning to the right a little - thankfully I wasn't drunk at all during my stay!).
Overall, this is a good hotel and our stay was enjoyable. For us it was good value because we took advantage of the 35% discount, otherwise I would say it's a fair value, but certainly better value than most in and around Boone and the 2 other hotels we stayed in previous trips. If you can overlook the interior, and if they can up their breakfast a notch, I would say that this could be a very good hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina is the Country Inn & Suites, Boone. Located in the North Carolina High Country, the area offers unsurpassed scenery, exciting activities and outdoor adventures for people of all ages. The Country Inn & Suites, Boone is located in the middle of it all. Come and enjoy all the area has to offer and let us pamper you with a little "Country Hospitality." We look forward to your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Country Inns & Suites Boone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inns And Suites Boone
- Country Inns & Suites Boone Hotel Boone
- Country Inn Boone
- Boone Country Inn