“Overall it was enjoyable” 4 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 19 hotels in Boone
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Overall it was enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed the weekend of July 19-22 for my daughter's birthday. We've been to Boone twice before, but never stayed in this hotel. I prefer the Carlson hotels, especially as a member, so I try to book a Carlson hotel as often as possible. This hotel was in a decent location - close enough to things to do and places to eat around town, but not in the thick of the city.

As was mentioned by others, the decor is a bit drab. I'm ok with that as it honestly could've been far worse. It did bother me that the pool was open due to a broken dehumidifier, but when I asked the lady working the desk about the pool (which, by the way, all front desk personnel were very attentive, friendly, and accommodating), she responded that they had worked out a deal with the La Quinta and Sleep Inn to use their pools. I thought this was fantastic as one of the draws to this hotel was the indoor pool. Big thumbs up for the contingency plan!

I didn't have the breakfast as I am not one to eat breakfast, however, as relayed to me by my wife, daughter, and her friend, it was not impressive. Hot items were either not hot, rubbery, or not very good. Waffles were waffles - hard to screw them up with pre-mixed bags and heat. We opted for breakfast elsewhere the other 2 mornings of our stay.

The rooms themselves were decent size, especially the bathrooms. With 3 females in tow, it's always nice to have space! Another reason I love to stay at Country Inn and Suites is because their bathrooms are on the larger side and come with fans. The only bad things I will say about our room is that the beds were a little uncomfortable and the toilet was not level (felt like I was leaning to the right a little - thankfully I wasn't drunk at all during my stay!).

Overall, this is a good hotel and our stay was enjoyable. For us it was good value because we took advantage of the 35% discount, otherwise I would say it's a fair value, but certainly better value than most in and around Boone and the 2 other hotels we stayed in previous trips. If you can overlook the interior, and if they can up their breakfast a notch, I would say that this could be a very good hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the road are quiet, however, they do not offer much of a view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie O, General Manager at Country Inns & Suites Boone, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites. I am so sorry that our pool was closed for renovation during your visit with us. We hope to see you again in the future when you are back in Boone NC.

156 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed five nights here while I attended a workshop at Cheap Joes. Pros: Our suite room was very comfortable and very clean. The hotel staff was always pleasant and responded instantly to any requests -- extra pillows, a functioning hairdryer. Cons: Breakfast in the morning was not very good. The hot dishes were either rubbery eggs or disgusting gravy/sausage mess, aside from the usual waffle maker and oatmeal. By mid-week, the kitchen was running out of food -- no yogurt, no breads for toasting except for a few bagel that would have make excellent hockey pucks, and no fresh fruit. The view from our window was the steep roof of the covered drive-thru. We could see nothing! There was a prominently displayed sign in the lobby stating that this chain would soon be updating its logo. Personally, I think the money could be better spent updating the rather drab decor and improving breakfast options.

Room Tip: Avoid room 325, window completely blocked.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites. I hope that you were able to enjoy the workshops that you were attending at Cheap Joes. Thank you for letting us know your opinion on the breakfast foods. We have since switched brands of eggs that we are ordering in order to try to improve the flavor and texture. We hope to see you again in the future when you are back in Boone NC.

Fort Mill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

The staff here was great. Always friendly and wishing us a good day.
I stayed here with my father for a father/son trip and we had a great stay. There was plenty of room and the beds were comfortable.
The location is perfect. Close to downtown Boone and also next to route 105 for easy access to Blowing Rock, etc.
I actually stayed here years ago and forgot...buy was pleasantly surprised when I pulled up and recognized the hotel.
Definitely recommend and will stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Country Inn & Suites during your Father and son trip. I would also like to thank you for the kind words that you had to say about our staff. We strive to make all of our guests feel as though they are at home. We hope to see you again in the future when you are back in Boone NC.

Apopka, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Woman at check in was very helpful. My husband had been sick and we needed to stop. She brought him some hot tea while I was checking him in. She also put us in a room close to the elevator so he wouldn't have to walk far. Really appreciated how helpful she was!! Bed was very comfortable. Main room and bathroom were really big compared to most of the hotels we stayed at on this trip. Very happy with our stay and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephanie O, Manager at Country Inns & Suites Boone, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I'm sorry to hear your husband was sick during your stay. I hope he is feeling better. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you can stay with us again in the future.
Johns Creek, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the country inn and suites over night during a 10 day road trip from Georgia to New York. Our experience was wonderful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The lady at the front desk (Tiffany) was super helpful. She printed directions for us to get to "The Horn in the West" show. I highly recommend the show! Tiffany also helped us with several other amenities that we desired. We would definitely stay at this hotel again. The location was about 1 mile from the show and across the street from a grocery store and several other conveniences.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jesse C, Front Office Manager at Country Inns & Suites Boone, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
We are really excited that you had such a great lodging experience with us! Thank You for taking the time to critique our hotel and we will definitely let our staff member know about the excellent feedback she has received.
Thanks
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights. The hotel has good interiors. Rooms are spacious and well furnished. Rooms and bathrooms are clean however I found hair in one of the bathroom towels. Hence I have given cleanliness 3 points. Complimentary breakfast was good and there were a lot of options and variety. You can choose to have it outside while enjoying beautiful view or can have it inside breakfast hall. Coffee/ tea was available at all times. Wifi is included in the price and has good speed. We would like to stay here again if we revisit Boone.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing road which has good mountain view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank You taking the time to let us know how your lodging experience was at our hotel. We have read your response and have taken everything into account so we can continue to provide our guests with an experience that exceeds their expectations. Thanks again!
Archdale, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Originally, we were supposed to stay at the Best Western Plus next door. Well, we arrived on the morning of June 9th to see our hotel barricaded off by cones and police tape due to deaths from carbon monoxide in one of the rooms. We were able to good transferred over to Country Inn and Suites in a relatively timely manner, and were able to keep our rate from the Best Western Plus next door! We walked in to our 3rd story room to find awesome mountain views AND a heart-shaped whirlpool! The girl at the front was very kind and helpful to us in getting us a room. Our room was clean, quiet, and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast each morning was essentially your standard hotel breakfast, but we'd say it was just a little better than average, with scrambled eggs, ham, sausage, granola, yogurt, etc. The hotel is attractive inside and out. Especially considering we got this hotel for the same price as the one we originally paid for, it is a much nicer hotel. The location is central to the Parkway, shopping, gas, and downtown. We're really pleased and hope to be back one day!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jesse C, Front Office Manager at Country Inns & Suites Boone, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for letting us know how your lodging experience was at our hotel. It's nice to know that we were able to ease this transition during this difficult time. We want nothing more than to be able to accommodate all of our guests wants and needs. We sincerely hope that you consider us again and on behalf of all our staff...Thanks!

Been to Country Inns & Suites Boone? Share your experiences!