“Just plain bad” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Boone
Mount Holly, North Carolina
“Just plain bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

My boyfriend and I went to Boone for Memorial Day weekend and found ourselves very disappointed with everything regarding the hotel room. There were ceiling tiles hanging from the ceiling and the light in the bathroom was hanging down as well. The air conditioner half worked, there were nasty looking smudge marks in the overall unclean bathroom, and the room was unclean as well. The lighting was terribly dim, the ice bucket didn't have a lid, there were three sinks in the room with one bar of soap. One of the sinks was leaking on the counter and the customer service seemed absent. Most of the places I normally stay asks the guest for a customer survey or gives a way to share any suggestions. However, this hotel gave no outlet for my concerns, which is why I am writing this review. The pillows on the bed were also inconsistent. One was tremendously firm and full, while the other was flat. Neither of which were comfortable. The bed itself was also very uncomfortable. There was a smell about the room that was musky and the window view was off the lobby down below, which would have been fine had that been told to me when I booked the room. I also asked for a non-smoking room, which was marked non-smoking, but the smell suggested differently. Another thing was that I was not told that the room was located across from the elevators and I had to deal with the sounds of other guests and the binging of the elevator late into the night and early in the morning. Also, the hotel claims free internet wifi access and yet there was no detection of that on my laptop. Overall, I will never stay at a super 8 again!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

I had a confirmed reservation and they did not have a room, so they sent me to a much more expensive hotel with a promise to pay for my first night. They did not pay and are now fighting with me about whether they will cover the expense. DO NOT TRUST THIS HOTEL...
I would not book a reservation or trtust anything they promise you about taking care of problems

Charleston, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

The room was nice though the bathroom was a bit small. The pool was very warm, but there was no heat in the pool room. The breakfast area was fine and had a nice variety, though I missed yogurt and bananas! It was right in the heart of Boone though and was central to all we did!

Fuquay Varina, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

We stayed in a two double non smoking room. The smell of smoke came through the vents in the bathroom. My clothes smell like smoke and I could hardly sleep. Also the shower was either really hot or really cold. You had to be quick! The bed was like a taco. You would roll into the middle! We stayed two nights and each night my husband had to go back down to the lobby to get a new card for the door. They never worked. The room was clean. The breakfast is good if you can get passed the barefeet and pj's that everyone was wearing! What's that about??? The price was the cheapest in town. I guess you get what you pay for!

Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

Myself, husband and adult son stayed here on our way south. Friendly staff, decent room, clean, quiet. We are US Air Force and they gave us the star treatment. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

We were very disappointed with our room. A king located on 3rd floor had no outside window-it overlooked the eating area. room opposite the elevator and therefore was very noisy. The bed was hard and uncomfortable. bathroom was a challenge with the commode being very tight, like less than an inch to the vanity. In am discovered no soap in dispenser and no hot water after one shower. The location was good . motel was clean & breakfast satisfactory. Short on help on keeping ahead of the coffee, et.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

We were pleasantly surprised at how nice this Super 8 was. I think we were expecting it to be more dumpy. It was in a great location in regards to the college and Blowing Rock. The price was great compared to other hotels in the area and when we checked in the clerk told us that he could get a lower rate of $10 less than I reserved the room for. This is an older hotel and yes the pillows were lumpy. If you stay, I suggest that you bring a couple of your own if you can. The kids liked the pool and there were plenty of towels. The people that worked there were very friendly. The breakfast was ok. It did get crowded as we ate and I don't think that there were any tables towards the end of our breakfast. The air conditioning was noisy and the showers were noisy too. I'd be more upset if I had these problems at a pricier hotel. If you don't plan on spending a lot of time at the hotel, I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Boone? Share your experiences!