“Perfect Retreat, Surroundings, Service, and Staff” 5 of 5 stars

The Inn at Crestwood
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   3236 Shulls Mill Road, Boone, NC 28607   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Boone B&B and Inns
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Perfect Retreat, Surroundings, Service, and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We were lucky enough to have a family reunion here at The Inn at Crestwood and everyone left with great memories. The surroundings are just breathtaking, while the food, service, and hospitality could not have better. We all cannot say enough positive things about the staff...they were all great and even better with improvising for our large group that included everyone from ages 2-80+. We basically took over the place and had people in rooms, suites, and cabins...everything was perfect and everybody liked their accomodations. The cabins gave us great family time together and places to spread out. While the actual Inn had great food/bar service, and grounds. We were even lucky enough to have had an art exhibit with the artist there on the top floor! The Inn also has a great location and you are minutes from eveything without the "hussle and bussle" of being right in the middle of it all. The staff gave us expert advice on what to see, how to get there, and when you go! DO NOT HESISTATE TO STAY HERE YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

My boyfriend and I could not stop talking about what a great time we had staying at the Inn earlier this month after we left. We had a long drive to Charlotte and went over and over what a positive experience the entire trip had been. I even expressed how much I wanted to write a very nice email back to everyone, but we arrived home and promptly forgot. Today,we arrived home from work to find a nice handwritten note asking us back to the resort with a little discount card.

I pulled up the reviews just to see what other people had expierienced and knew I had to write my own :)

We were greeted upon arrival by Paige, the sweet and funny desk clerk, who knew who we were because of our arrival time(and because she is magic). It was her that informed us about the "Breakfast Baskets" that are delivered to your door on weekdays. We were completely stoked the following morning when another friendly staff member arrived right on time with a huge basket of more goodies than we could eat and a full carafe of coffee just for us! We didn't even have to leave our room...which was very nice! (There are reviews saying these are not very good... and I'm wondering where these people have stayed in the past where there was a FREE breakfast delivered to you door??? COME ON!!) We ate at the restaurant three times during our stay(once with a wedding party) and the service and food was amazing. I sincerely recommend the goat cheese and pecan salad and also the salmon dish...yummy! On top of the delicious food and great service; there was a young man walking around with an acoustic guitar serenading folks, the incredible mountain sunset view and after the soft glow of the candles, twinkle lights streaming from the trees!!! The wait staff also had extensive knowledge of their wine list.

The Inn has a garden nearby where the owner grows all the flowers that they change every day and also herbs that they mix into the butter for the bread. I made an appointment at the Spa for a deep tissue massage after some hiking the day before and they were able to work something out for me even though they usually need 24 hours advance notice. They even moved it back an hour last minute and texted me because I had horrible service on my phone in the mountains!

The restaurant manager has to be mentioned because he made us feel so important and valued. Thank you, Audun Parks. You are very talented at your job and an extremely talented singer and guitar player. Best wishes! Steve would also like you to know you have inspired him to become an acoustic singer/songwriter.

We stayed in a king villa, is was nice and always very clean. We only happened to stay here because of a family wedding and we were pleasantly surprised! We also read the review about the dissatisfied customer that was unhappy this place was "out of the way." I couldn't respond to the review, but I will say this place is very out of the way... and ... THAT'S THE POINT!!! The Inn was very easy to find and everyone in the area, local and guests were very sweet and helpful if you are looking for anything.

We live in New Orleans, and love to travel. Thank you all so very much, we are sure to be back and send friends!!!
Jess Leigh and Stephen Gholston

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We held our Family Reunion at the Crestwood and it was fantastic. We had great food and service it was nice having the full service bar in such a rustic yet modern environment. We did not feel like we had to drive anywhere to enjoy ourselves. The kids played croquet or bocci on the lawn and the nice thing is that it was 10-15 degrees cooler than Charlotte or Wilmington. One night we were able to sit on the veranda and watch a storm pour over Grandfather mountain and into the valley, really spectacular.

We had suites and cottages which was perfect for little kids because we could put them down and still hang out with the fam. Great WiFi feeds in the bar and lounge for those who stay connected. We loved it; Thanks CC and crew!

Thanks
The Ludwig's

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Southern States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

We had a three night reservation and wish we had made it for no less than ten. What a warm, charming, comfortable, mountain home to kick back and relax. It is not your typical commercial property at all. Set on a mountain crest with spectacular views of Grandfather Mountain and other NC mountains. We loved our stay and look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: Come prepared to enjoy mountain country side.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Florence, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

Our stay at Crestwood was determined by a family member's wedding and reception help on the property. It was a delightful weekend in a secluded, remote area of the blue ridge mountains. Beautiful views, nice staff, and good food are nice features of this resort. It was a nice place for a small wedding.
Our room was comfortable and had a nice bathroom, but very small lavatory space. We shared a balcony with one other room.
The food in the dining room was very good, trout being the specialty, of course in the mountains!

Room Tip: Best individual rooms in the main inn bldg.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

Read several reviews and looked at photos online. The Inn was very out of the way and difficult to find on narrow winding roads in the rain. Room was nice. Bathroom was just okay. We went in April which was too early. The restaurant was not open. We got a very pitiful breakfast basket in the morning. Some coffee, cold bagels, yogurt, and 2 oranges. I would not recommend this Inn. I thought it was way overrated and too expensive for what I got. The elevator is so slow that every time I rode it I was afraid I would get stuck.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Matthews, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

Wanted a place to get away with my husband for a "babymoon". We had a nice enough stay, but are certainly glad that we didn't pay full price for it. We stayed in one of the villas. It was clean, but nothing fancy. I've seen better continental breakfasts at chain hotels (in their defense, they call it "light", but if I'm going to pay that much for a room, the breakfast should involve more than bagels, yogurt, and boxed cereal). The toilet paper was terrible (again - for this price range, I expect better). The "spa" brings in external estheticians and massueues so your appointment has to be made at least 24 hours in advance (which we didn't know until we arrived, so no pedicure for me).
The Boone/Blowing Rock areas are nice, but you'd better know what you want to do before you arrive, because their "concierge" service was terrible. There's no in-room book to list activities/local restaurants/places of worship, etc., and the person at the front desk tried to be helpful but didn't end up providing any solutions for us - so at least there's free wi-fi to look it up online.
The views are great and it's easy to find but not smack in the middle of the activity of Boone, so it's relaxing from that perspective. We enjoyed it for this weekend, but I'll be looking for other sleeping arrangements if I ever visit the Boone area again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at Crestwood? Share your experiences!