“Great coffee.” 4 of 5 stars

791 Blowing Rock Rd., Boone, NC
Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 126 restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop
Description: http://mountaintimes.com/columns-eat-beat/articles/Local-Lion-A-Donut-Shop-for-Boone-id-022810
Sarasota, Florida
“Great coffee.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Found local lion while traveling through Boone. Stopped by around 11 am had donuts, coffee and hot chocolate. Everything was very good including the service. The prices are on par with any good coffee house. Will be back.

70% Recommend
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Awesome doughnut shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

One of my buds picked up doughnuts from here when we rented a house for the weekend. They were some crazy awesome that we went back later that afternoon and again the next day. The simple glazed doughnut was the best.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Va/Nc Border
“Yeah I'll be back....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Local Lion was actually my very first experience setting foot inside any Boone business.....and I will come back. Most coffee places have good coffees but the Lion has an exceptionally friendly staff...I was there on two occasions...interacted with 4 different employees....all very helpful and positive. The space is very cool with tables, sofas, easy wifi internet and electric plugs for my battery-challanged laptop (very much appreciated)...all kinds of local papers and flyers and a case full of good-looking donuts...sorry I didn't get a couple to make this a better review. Bottom line: Convenient location...Great employees...Nice space and Easy wi-fi. The coffees were fine. Those attributes make my day...give them a try....oh and I agree: support local businesses. When in Boone, I'll be back for my caffeine fix!

• Visited October 2013
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Love the doughnuts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I love doughnuts and supporting local business so when I can combine the two all the better. Picking up a mixed box is the best way to go. Take to co-workers, your favorite service professionals, best doctors office in town, or to a meeting out with other moms.

• Visited September 2013
New Bern, North Carolina
“Cute little place, good donuts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a cute little family run place. Two women were busy behind the counter and one had her little girl with her. I was greeted promptly even though the drive thru also demanded the lady's attention. I left with a dozen homemade donuts & a coffee. The glaze on the donuts is very sweet but the donut is not. Nice balance in my opinion. My favorite was the orange flavored donut. I paid $17.50. It's a little pricey but it was a special surprise for my daughter & her roommate so it was worth it!

• Visited September 2013