“Best food. Every item on their menu is a banger!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 127 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Family Fare
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Come Back Shack is all about fresh, delicious hand-made food at an amazing value. We hand-patty fresh, never-frozen, USDA ground chuck.Our chicken sandwiches are all-natural, and our chicken tenderloins are fresh, never-frozen, hand-breaded, and all-natural. We hand-cut fresh potatoes for our fries and fresh sweet potatoes for our sweet potato chips. We make our sauces from scratch daily. Our milk shakes are made with premium real ice-cream and hand spun in a dozen flavors.We go to the extra effort to serve the best, tastiest, freshest food to our guests because we know you care about what you eat. Its the kind of food we love, and we enjoy fixing for others. We look forward to seeing you at Come Back Shack!
Boone, North Carolina, United States
“Best food. Every item on their menu is a banger!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Cheaper than Five Guys, arguably better. Slightly more expensive than any fast food, but superior quality. They have awesome styles for your burgers and sandwiches. All of their ingredients are amazingly fresh. Their dressings are homemade and great. The only problem I've heard is the homemade fries aren't crispy, however, I personally could care less especially when they are seasoned and dipped in their ranch. You also feel like your eating a real potato rather than some crunchy deep fried mystery like at other fast food restaurants. Both chicken and burgers are great. They support local food sources and offer competitive pricing while doing so. Shakes were great, but I still prefer Cook-Out for shakes. I heard they do Nathan's hot dogs which are great. Writing this review alone makes me crave it enough to... I'm going.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boone
“No more Cook Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Went to The Come Back Shack a few days ago for the first time and had a great time. My food was excellent and served timely. It tasted like I was eating real food, not some piece of cardboard. Also got a milkshake and it was great. They have a drive through which is clutch. I was very surprised at how low their prices were given the quality of the food. Now if I'm gonna go spend a few bucks on a burger, I'm definitely spending it at The Come Back Shack.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NC
“Not all that crazy about it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Not all that crazy about it....It is kind of a five guys imitation. Have eaten here 3 times. The sweet potato chips are great but the regular fries are sort of floppy and greasy, even when I asked for them to be extra crispy. I'm just more into a crispy french fry. The burgers are OK. For the dollar value I'd just as soon go to cookout. Still looking for a good lean burger and some crispy fries

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dillwyn
“Best cheesefries ever!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Loved the bacon, ranch, cheese fries. Great burgers. You put name on menu, fill out what u want, how u want it, then u will get bag of food with individual name on it. Kids like that! Didn't like small booths, but had tables as well.

Visited April 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“I'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Was told it was as good as Five Guys and cheaper, and it was. Five Guys has been my favorite burger by far for a while, and I really didn't expect the Come Back Shack burger to measure up, but it did. It's not identical to the Five Guys burger but just as good. The plain fries aren't as good but the buffalo fries are great, with blue cheese or cheddar. Really good and something different to set it apart from other burger places. Come Back Shack will be a must on any trip back to Boone.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere