“Food is perfect, service is lagging ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 127 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Dessert
“Food is perfect, service is lagging ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I absolutely loved my food. I got the siracha sandwich with tempeh and it was mouth watering good. The home made bread was delicious, and the tempeh was so flavorful. It reminded me of prime rib, which is hard to come by with meat substitutes. My hubby was equally satisfied with his meal, which says a lot, because he always has a complaint. The only bad thing I can say is the food took a while to come. The waitstaff were all friendly, and I will definitely make this a regular stop while in Boone!

Dacula, Georgia
“Still waiting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The food here is average...agree with the fusion overkill reference another reviewer made. We returned a fork and a glass because there was food residue visible-that should have been our first sign.
Waiter was slow to greet our table, slow to come back for our order. We ordered chips and salsa to eat as an appetizer- never arrived. Whenever our food arrived after a long wait, two of us did not have have the correct order (sides). These were corrected in a timely manner. A request for ketchup was taken and another long wait ensued. Whenever the waiter finally came back to the table, we were told there was not any ketchup in the place. The check arrived and it was not correct...two couples with separate checks. Each couple had a dish from the other couple's order on their tab. They were about the same amount so we just paid it. Had no idea it was cash or check only until we tried to pay. That would have been nice information to have when we were seated. All in all this was the worst restaurant service I've experienced I've in the past 10 years. Would not return.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent vegetarian options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Maybe it is just the part of the country, but everyone here in Boone seems to be helpful and friendly, and our waitress was a great example. My wife had some tough questions about the food and our waitress must have gone back to the kitchen at least 3 times smiling the whole way. My Tempeh Avocado Melt was awesome, just awesome, and my wife's crab cake, brie and bacon sandwich was... well... how could crab, bacon and brie be anything other than totally wicked? They are cash only, so bring some bucks, but not too many, as our whole lunch only set us back about $20 plus tip.

Visited June 2014
Greenville, North Carolina
“Sloooow Service and Fusion Food Overboard”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The service was very slow and the wait staff noticed a plate for a shared appetizer was dirty so she said she would bring another. We are still waiting...

The food was not that good and was fusion overkill. Not necessary in some cases.

Cash or checks only but there is an ATM on location. Good beer selection. Outdoor seating. I would suggest eating elsewhere.

Jefferson, North Carolina
“WOW.... that was different and awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

What a fantastic fresh and wonderful meal !!! Went there for lunch after running errands in Boone. Wow, real, fresh ingredients and amazing food, great prices !!!!
I had the burrito .... now this is not a traditional burrito this is one of the most awesome things i have ever eaten !!!! I strongly suggest it!

Please take note they do cash only, but just in case, they do have a ATM machine at the door.

Staff is super friendly and really enjoy making sure you have a wonderful meal !!!

Cannot wait to go back