“Mid-day snack” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Dessert
wnc
“Mid-day snack”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The service was gracious and attentive.

We walked in just prior to lunch rush. At a small corner table, we enjoyed a warmed Brie plate and two glasses of wine.

With sunshine, a pleasant breeze, good food, and a server that appeared to truly enjoy the work, we had a very nice time.

We will definitely return!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“fresh and creative”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our family has been to Hob Nob Café several times and each time it has been a great experience. I love fresh food, farm to table, and I love that local farmers are patronized.
I would recommend this restaurant. Only complaint...closed Monday and Tuesday! It's a small restaurant and I would recommend going "off hours" to avoid waiting. Warning...they don't accept credit cards but they offer an ATM machine.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boone, North Carolina
“Creative, Delicious, and Slow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I love eating at the Hob Nob Cafe....when I have time. The service is notoriously slow, even when they are not crowded, and I'm not sure why. I love the variety of the food and the freshness of the ingredients. I know they use local food sources when possible. Great coffee, too. When in Boone, take some time to check it out. You won't be disappointed....unless you're in a hurry!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Trinity, Florida
“Go there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great food, big menu, interesting food, go and be happy. Salmon, trout, coffee rubbed pork, beef, chicken, tofu, soup, yum.

Visited May 2013
North Carolina
“Enjoyable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stopped in for lunch on a Saturday, and we were very pleased with the food and service. This was our second visit--we were there a couple of years ago and had a very good meal so we were happy to go again. The restaurant was maybe half full when we arrived, and our server came quickly as did the food once we ordered. The server was very friendly and knowledgeable of the menu, and we took his recommendation to try a cup of the soup of the day, butternut jalapeno. It was nothing short of spectacular. Perfect balance of sweet squash and just a hint of heat from the peppers, it was amazing. I had their take on a Cuban sandwich which included a bit of pesto and mozzarella--didn't really taste like a traditional Cuban, but it was an excellent combination of flavors. My wife had the avocado tempeh melt, which she enjoyed very much.

Overall a great experience. Food was excellent, prices reasonable, and the service was great.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere