“Ordered simple dishes but no food or water after 1 hour, while surrounding guests all served, paid, and left.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hob Nob Farm Cafe

Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Dessert
High Point, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I give wait staff the benefit of the doubt when things go wrong, but our waitress served surround guests and would not stop to even refill our water. I advised another waiter who appeared to be in charge, that we had been waiting 50 min. He neither spoke to me, nor gave me eye contact, barking at another waitress to "check with the kitchen" and briskly walked away. At least 12 other tables were seated after us and were finished eating when our waitress finally spoke and said we ha all ordered complex dishes and it would be out when it was ready. We had ordered soup, salad, and the same burrito 3 other people aroun us had ordered. We left 10 min later (i ledt $5 for the one glass of water). 10 min later, as we finished our sandwiches at a restaurant across the street, we saw the wait staff combing the parking lot and street looking for us. The restaurant we ate at apologized for Hob Nob's bad service...something Hob Nob could not bring themselves to do. Their attitude is that they are doing customers a favor. Don't have 2nd thoughts, go somewhere else. Hob Nob should be out of business soon.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

74% Recommend
Bakersville, North Carolina
“Great choice, ecclectic menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Tried for lunch today. Excellent! My only complaint- they do not take credit cards/debit!! What? Food was delicious.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boone, North Carolina, United States
“Fresh, Homemade Goodness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I eat at Hob Knob every chance I get. I never grow tired of their menu. There are so many types of food to eat, from Indian, American, Cuban, Italian and more. There Smoothies are made from fresh fruits and juices and are so delicious. My favorite is the shooting star. The Thai burger with Thai spices, pineapple and mushrooms is messy to eat but so worth it. The tamales, locally made pasta, nori rolls, noodle bowls and the quinoa dish are some of my favorites. This place has an awesome deck for relaxing and enjoying a drink and a meal. This is a popular restaurant, so wait times can be long when they are busy. If you want a quick meal, go eat fast food. The food is made to order and by far the best in Boone for freshness, quality, taste and price.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Flatgap
“Great place for "Real" food...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Great place that my wife and I visited while in the area. It is amazing that they have so many selections and are able to make each selection so good. A lot of times these kind of "natural whole food" restaurants don't have all of the ingredients that the dish lists on the menu. Not the case here, each of our menu choices had several ingredients in them and all the ingredients were in there. Great food at a fair price!

Columbia, South Carolina
“Autumn spice!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Coming to Boone during leaf season is ideal but topping off our day by eating at the Hob Knob made it amazing!! Great service in a very sweet setting. Very unique, delicious and savory food that is fresh, local and reasonably priced. My son had a monster sized burrito and I had one of their specials that had one of the best curries I have ever tasted! Both of my daughters loved the natural sodas and ate their plates clean that were filled with tortelinis. Certainly a place where everyone in the family gets their taste buds satisfied. We were impressed by their beverage selection as well. We sat inside but hope to come back to try out the quiant outdoor seating area. Cheers!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere