“Worley's Caving Trip” 5 of 5 stars

1655 Highway 105, Boone, NC 28607
+1 828-355-9797
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Quality not quantity is the the only way to float. River and Earth Adventures, Inc is dedicated to adventure, eco-education, and healthy living. Connect with your friends and family while challenging yourself and enjoying some of the best natural areas in the Appalachian Mountains. River and Earth Adventures offers rafting, caving, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, gem mining, and biking.
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worley's Caving Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

What: Caving Trip
Where: Worely's Cave, Elizabethton, TN
When: 4/7/12
Guide: Taylor

I purchased a trip for 2 people at Worley's Cave through Grant about a month ago as a birthday gift for my boyfriend. Grant was really nice and even mailed me a gift certificate to give as a present (and it was on really cool map paper). Our guide, Taylor, was awesome! She really knew her stuff and was super informative. She also had a great sense of humor and was very down to earth. Our group consisted of 8 people total and we had a pretty diverse age range (we are both in our early 30's). Taylor lead us on about 3 1/2 hour tour, keeping a nice pace and giving everyone plenty of time to explore and enjoy. If you plan on doing this trip, plan on getting super muddy and wet. It is pretty physical. I rented rubber boots from REA per their suggestion. If you have a pair of knee high rubber boots, bring them! If i had a pair, I wouldn't have rented them, but it was great they had them on hand. You don't really need to bring anything in the cave with you, but definitely bring a clean change of clothes for after. You WILL get muddy and wet. Taylor provided us with sandwiches and chips afterwards and it was cool getting to chat with her. Overall, my boyfriend and I had a great experience!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Amy C

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great time had by all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Grant led our group for our trip there were about 20 people in all. They used a variety of sizes of rafts from a few 2 man to a large whale of a boat that could hold about 16 by itself. My 2 girls and I as well as a mom and here little girl were with grant in out raft. They also brought squirt guns that we all used for water battles along they way. The weather couldn't have been better I got a little burnt but since we didn't expect weather to be very good when we drive from banner elk to the meeting place we were pleased. Daughters wanted to go back and try out more dangerous waters. It was a little scary as we arrived early st the outpost and the building looked almost abandoned. I think they should do some updating on outside of building to look more like the class acts they are. We wanted to do gem mining but because it was so early in the season they didn't have it ready yet. No worries we went elsewhere and did really wel,l daughters are having new jewelry made from their finds.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful Attraction But Don't Book Online!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I wish I could give this attraction 5 stars but there's one major reason why I can't. When my husband and I were looking for something to do around Asheville, NC, we saw this company and knew we'd be in for a good time. On their website, there's a button labeled "On-line Reservations". Don't click this. Just trust me. I clicked, entered my info, and then got a confirmation e-mail that my trip had been reserved. Sadly, the morning of the trip, my husband and I got up early to make the 1 hour drive out to the location but I thought I'd call first to make sure we had everything we needed. I'm glad I did as it turns out that no reservation was ever made for us. Since we only had two days in town and we'd just woken up early for no reason, we were understandably frustrated. Fortunately, the manager we spoke with expressed a great deal of remorse for the issue and even offered us a free adventure for the mix up. We decided to try again the next day and I'm really glad we did. We wound up going on a 4 hour cave exploration that was the highlight of the whole vacation. The guide was knowledgeable, the trek was fun and just the right amount of challenge, and the group was small so we really got to enjoy the experience. We saw amazing formations, crawled through tiny crevices, and even forged an underground river. It was incredible. If sitting around a 4 star hotel and drinking tea is the only thing you want from your vacation, then steer clear of this. It's rugged, muddy, and intense fun. There are no lighted, paved walkways here. But if you love adventure and want something a little less touristy than the normal cave walk, then this is the ticket. I can happily say I'll go back next year without hesitation. Just save yourself the headache of a mix-up and make sure you call the company to book. It'll be an incredible experience to remember.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Rebecca S
“Incredible adventure! Knowledgeable guides! Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Had an excellent time in Worleys Cave. Our Guides were extremely knowledgable! Our trip to the back of the cave was an incredible adventure - definitely recommended to those looking for a different and exciting excursion. I will be back -

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great cave adventure, better information would help”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Went on a great caving trip. Cave was better than expected. But... Website said lunch was included but none was provided. Allow one hour plus to get from Boone to TN outpost. Also the water in a few places was calf deep. If you wear hiking boots they will flood. You can rent rubber boots if you like. Cave is 55 deg but seems warmer because here is no wind and you are active so don't over dress.