“NOT a Days Inn now! Beware!” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blowing Rock
Days Inn Blowing Rock
Save Saved
You added Days Inn Blowing Rock to your Saves list
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Highway 321 Bypass, Hwy 321 & Blue Ridge Pkwy, Blowing Rock, NC 28605   |
Ranked #11 of 14 hotels in Blowing Rock
Wichta Ks
“NOT a Days Inn now! Beware!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

This place is a joke. If you read all of the bad reviews you can just ditto them here. Our keys would not work, there were 2 apples and 2 packaged breakfast rolls that they called breakfast. Ancient tvs, and a snarley stupid woman on the desk. The youngish guy at night was very nice though.
This is the icing on the cake. At 10am, when we were not out our of our room, (we were staying two days) we get a note under the door our room would not be cleaned but we could go to the front desk for more towels! We marched the note to the front desk and they said that our room would be cleaned.
When we left the room we thought it would not be cleaned, so we didn't "tidy up". My husband left about $10 in change on the side table and they TOOK IT, like it was their tip!!
We were guests of my mother in law so we didn't want to make a scene, but this place really was bad on so many levels.
$100 a night, we were about the only people there too. Oh, and they couldn't find my mothers friends booking for a family reunion planned later in the year. I was praying that she would change to another hotel. Finally, after telling the crabby lady that it was for another month for the 10th time, she finds booking. This lady needs to retire.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

I made a reservation through an online reservation company requesting 2 adutls and 2 children. My reservation was emailed to me a Queen room with a pull out sofa. Moments later I called the hotel to confirm, as this was a Holiday weekend and an important trip for our family.

We showed up at the hotel, and the front desk had us down for 2 adults and no children. Even after showing them our copy of our confirmation for 4 guests, they refused to give us our reserved room without paying for a huge upgrade. The office manager even said, "it's a holiday weekend, I suggest you pay the upgrade or you won't find anything in this town." On that, we drove 4 hours back home. We were not going to pay some ransome to get the room we reserved. I am now fighting with Days Inn to get my refund; of course the front desk put us down as a no show.

These were the rudest people I have ever dealt with in my life!

• Liked — Nothing, I never got past the rude front desk.
  • Disliked — The front desk manager was the rudest person I've ever met, and wouldn't put me into my reserved room!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

After my third visit to a Days Inn this year with my family, I was hesitate to use Days Inn in Blowing Rock but it turned out very nice, especially requesting a room on short notice (1 week in advance) for 1 night to see Blowing Rock downtown for their Christmas Lighting of the town. We initially were not guaranted a non-smoking room but we got one when we arrived. We had a double bed room and it was quite roomy. We got the room for $97 and it was very convenient to downtown. It was also very clean. The short comings of this hotel is that the breakfast area is small, it is not sound proof (you could hear everyone in the hallways) and the section between the outside and the actual lobby was a definite smoking haven. Overall, though, I would recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Hotel was not sound proof
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2008

Just spent Friday/ Saturday in Blowing Rock, NC and found excellent rate by just walking in the door around lunch time. It was the first weekend after the 'fall leaves' so the hotel was almost deserted. Asked for either queen or king size bedroom, and was offered the king size at @ $109 + tax (regular $135 w/current Days Inn 15% promotional discount) and then given an 'upgrade' by the manager to executive suite for no additional cost.
Thought the bed too firm, but my wife thought it was fine and liked the extra pillows. Very spacious room, quite and only complaint was heater blower was loud when operating. Very clean room and fresh smell upon entering. Did not try any other amenities. Staff courteous. Close to downtown Blowing Rock with a 5 min. drive.
Would definitely stay there again.
Feel that many of the other facilities in Blowing Rock are overpriced for this time of the year. Did extensive research on Trip Advisor before going, then called ahead for a sample of business expected. Thank you Trip Advisor for your research.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Too firm of mattress
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2008

My husband and I toured the Blue Ridge Parkway this fall, and Blowing Rock was a planned stop. We had reservations at another hotel but left the first hotel due to complications with our room. We were walk-in customers at Days Inn and were greeted by a friendly front desk person at almost midnight. Our rate was $65 for a king size, non-smoking room. The room and bathroom were clean. Coffee maker, microwave, and mini-fridge, as well as hair dryer, iron and ironing board were in the room. The linens were fresh and clean and bath towels and wash clothes were white and fluffy. I love getting more than expected from a place. Breakfast the next morning was at the grill inside the motel. The food and service were good.

• Stayed November 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Indian Trail, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2008

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights October 17 and 18. This was peak weekend in the mountains and lodging was very limited. Days Inn was reasonable priced so we booked it. From the reviews I read before leaving, I was a little nervouse. However, there is no need to worry about this place. I will say, however, that if you are looking for upscale service, amenities, and decorating, you will not find it here.

Hotel: the hotel itself is in good shap, inside and out. There is a nice lobby with a fireplace and a small dining area that is only open for breakfast. The key cards we were given did not work, so they gave us a back-up key, which was fine. Check in and out was good with no surprises. We always use stairs instead of elevators, and the stairwell did have a slight musty smell, similar to what you would smell at hotels on the water.

Room: was actually larger than we expected. Had a microwave and coffee maker. As with most heating/cooling units, it was a little difficult to find the right setting to mainatain a comfortable temperature, but it was no problem. Room was clean, comfortable and safe. The only flaw I could find was the shower floor rubber grips had worn, making the tub slippery.

Location: You really cannot beat the location. It is within easy distance to downtown Blowing Rock (could take a walk there during warm weather). It was also a short drive to Boone, where we visited several times. It is also neear Grandfather mountain and Linivlle Falls. Lots to do nearby. Oh, and for those who drink the ABC store right down the road has the most liquor gift sets I have seen anywhere...we bought several for the upcoming holidays/family birthdays as gifts!

Overall, I would have no problem staying there again. If you are looking for all the bells and whistles, stay somewhere else with a much higher price tag. Don't stay here, pay around $110 per night, and then whine afterwards that you were expecting the place to be like Atlantis!! I would reccommend this to anyone who understands that you get what you pay for. The hotel is clean, safe, comfortable, and it is in a good location. Enjoy!

• Liked — Good rooms and great location
  • Disliked — limited breakfast menu (but cafe's in Blowing Rock made up for it!!)
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
charlotte
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

Don't know where to start. Booked there because they were one of the few hotels that offered single night stay that particular weekend. One of the main draws was the indoor heated pool. When we arrived kids were excitedt to go to pool only to find out jacussi was closed and the pool was too cold for the kids to swim in. The first floor hallway smells like stale cigarette smoke.
The next morning we prepared for our morning showers only to find out there was NO hot water. I don;t mean it was warm or cool, it was ICE COLD. We were reimbursed $25.00 for our inconvenience,however we would have much rather had a warm shower. Won't stay there again.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Days Inn Blowing Rock? Share your experiences!