“Never disappoints!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
North Carolina
“Never disappoints!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Made a last minute reservation on a Saturday night. As a local, appreciate that we can still get in for dinner. It was not a special occasion, just a nice, quiet adult dinner out. The service is always way above great-very knowledgeable staff. The food was exceptionally prepared, as always. Waiter brought me a wine sample when I was unsure what I really wanted.

They really do seafood well, but have never had a bad steak or rack of lamb either-ha! Banana cream pie dessert to die for-will be back, again, and again

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Salisbury, North Carolina
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Excellent food, service and wine list. They have valet parking, so they make you feel pampered from the time you get there.

Visited December 2012
Blowing Rock, North Carolina
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

One of my favorites for 10+ years. Outstanding wine selection, food is incredible and exceptional service. The ambiance is amazing for any occasion. The beautiful stone structure with cozy fireplace and views of the beautiful garden combined with a fabulous meal makes this my favorite spot in Blowing Rock. Whenever I have company in town, this is my sure thing I know I can always count on never to disappoint!

Visited October 2012
Sanford, North Carolina
“Outstanding food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The food here was top notch. The service was slightly hurried though we suggested several times we wanted to relax and enjoy our meal. The seared scallops served on a bed of spinach and Shitaki mushrooms were the best we have ever had. There were five scallops and they were huge. The Fillet au poivre was cooked to perfection and melt in your mouth tender. The salad dressings are all made in house and will not disappoint. And there is an extensive wine list. We had the Chalone Pinot Noir which opened nicely and we would recommend.

The ambience felt a bit cold and the plastic table cloths, though good quality were not even close to the quality of the food. White table cloths, please.

The negative for us was a large group meeting in the restaurant complete with speakers and screen projection presentation. The meeting was not sufficiently separated from us so that we could hear the speakers and see the flashing from the screen presentation and it did interfere with our enjoyment of the excellent food. This is not a busy time in Blowing Rock so I am sure the Restaurant was happy to get the business. Servicing the group probably contributed to our hurried service with the kitchen and wait staff trying to serve a large group all at once. I suggest you check when making reservations if the restaurant is accommodating a large group during the time you are requesting. Because of the quality of the meal we would highly recommend.

Visited November 2012
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our dinner at Best Cellars was absolutely wonderful. My wife had the scallops and I had the ribeye. Great taste and outstanding service. Definitely on our "repeat" list!!!

Visited October 2012