“lois and jay franks longs sc” 5 of 5 stars

Homestead Inn
153 Morris Street, PO Box 1030, Blowing Rock, NC 28605   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Blowing Rock B&B and Inns
Longs, South Carolina
“lois and jay franks longs sc”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Me and my husband love this place, we have been going there for about 8 years now. if you love family values you will love this place , the owners make you feel like part of the family. this place is right down town to where you can walk to everything , the rooms are cozy and clean . i am a neat freak and i have never had a complaint . thank you Caroline for the best 8 years and hope many more to come . See u in April

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Stanley, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

beautiful place, very, very clean. Rob and Caroline were the best innkeepers ever. Plan to return in the spring. The Homestead Inn was within walking distance to stores for shopping, taverns for eating, a park for a gathering of new found friends, and walking of our animals. Homestead Inn is a pet friendly place to stay.

Room Tip: a wonderful place for a quiet getaway. Were very accommodating for my fiancé, who has had 2 bouts w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The Homestead is a wonderful little place. Our rooms were very nice, very clean & had everything we needed. The beds & pillows were comfortable. It is a very convenient location within walking distance of shops & restaurants. We selected it because we needed dog-friendly accommodations but we would stay again if the dog wasn't with us. We would definitely recommend it.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights as we journeyed down the Blue Ridge Parkway - only a very short drive away. The Inn is located in a very quiet street just of the Main Street with the local shops and restaurants all within easy walking distance.
Checked in by one of the staff on arrival which was quick and efficient. She also answered questions on the local area for us. We stayed in room 5. Prior to arrival we were not sure what we were expecting but the room, although small, was fitted to a very high standard. The bed was very comfortable with good quality linen. The bathroom had a Jacuzzi bath and an overhead shower. The room also contained a beautiful gas fire - operated by a switch on the wall at eye level to the right hand side. Made for such cosy evenings. A microwave, fridge and coffee machine were also in the room. Free Wi-Fi was also available - note: the password is on the wall next to the door. However, it only shows 4 characters but you need to key-in 8. Just key the password twice in the password box and it will work!
All in all a great surprise - very comfortable, quiet, spotless, great location, nice staff.
Give it a try - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cornelius, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had our first experience vacationing in blowing rock this past weekend. The homestead inn was a part of making it one of the best trips ever. We had fairly low expectations since we had never been and didn't really know a lot about the area...we were blown away! The inn was so cozy and perfect. We loved the rockers & the fire place. The wood paneling made you feel like you were in a cabin. And the innkeeper was over the top welcoming from the reservation to arrival. She even made us reservations for dinner at a place that was already booked! We have decided to make this an annual tradition and homestead inn will be a part of that.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I got REALLY lost trying to find the hotel- it was midnight and very foggy and I had a sick child with me. I called the Innkeeper and she guided me to the Inn and even stayed on the phone with me until I arrived. I was so appreciative to her for this kind gesture. She was very helpful to me during my entire trip. The room (# 1) was very cozy and was in a nice part of town. There are lots of shops within walking distance of the Inn. I must say that the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, while I was away from home. I usually stay at chain hotels, but I am SO glad that I stayed at this Inn. I will be staying here again and will recommend this to friends who are traveling to this area.

Room Tip: Room #1 was cozy, I didn't hear any outside noises/
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Willow Spring, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We spent this past weekend at our favorite location, and at our favorite Inn, Blowing Rock, NC, at The Homestead Inn. It was great, as it always is, but to our pleasant surprise, the rooms have been remodeled, literally from the ground up and they are wonderful, with a cozy fireplace, bubbly jacuzi tub, great decor and an oh so restfull kingsize bed, as requested!! When we were making our reservations Caroline went on about the wonderful surprise we would find on this trip, and she was right, it was wonderfull! We always try to stay at The Homestead Inn because of Caroline and Robert's hospitality, they make you feel at home, truly! They go out of their way to make sure you are comfy and cosy!! We love it!

When we were checking out today I spoke to her husband Robert about the attention to detail we noticed, he was proud we noticed. They have worked hard to make it just right. The pride in the Inn shows from the moment you check in, and if you take time and talk to Robert you will see what I mean in the pride he has for what he loves. He loves the Inn and works hard to keep it current, warm and friendly. It truly is a "Home away from Home" experience each time we stay there, and they have made it more so with the exciting changes! My wife Flori and I encourage, and highly recommend, to all to stay there. It's right off the main downtown thorough fare, litteraly 100 yards, which we find is an added bonus.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Homestead Inn? Share your experiences!