“Good food, service slow” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Roca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 40 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Pizza, Mediterranean, Bistro
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: One of Blowing Rock's most popular restaurants, Bistro Roca serves inventive American Bistro cuisine from Chef Seth Parker in a rustic yet elegant setting. Bistro Roca's superb staff combines efficient service with gracious hospitality and will delight you with a great selection of wines and mixed drinks from Antlers Bar
Asheville, NC
“Good food, service slow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

This was our third visit to Bistro Roca. The food is consistently good but the service is a bit slow. Nice atmosphere.

Raleigh
“Very, very cool place with great menu and service...attention to detail from the roasted figs appetizer to the ambiance.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

This place is the "real deal"...these folks truely care about their food, their clients and the vibe they want guests to experience. We had fantastic prosciutto wrapped roasted figs while we waited in the bar for our table. The place was packed (Sat nite)...yet we had no problem getting our drinks or appetizer...great bar staff and a manager who actually kept things moving...head on a swivel at all times. Dinner was Bison meatloaf with collards, black-eyed peas and hashbrowns...smokin' good...everything. My wife had an Artisian personal pizza that was excellent (She let me have one piece). Our waitress was knowledgable and attentive. Every single employee seemed to genuinely care about Bistro Roca and our experience. They seemed proud of the place.
The bar has a really neat theme with pictures of local regular's dogs all around the entire bar...literally dozens of pictures. When I asked what the deal was...apparently once a year the owner has a photo shoot during the day where you actually bring your dog in to be photographed. Where do you think those folks go for drinks and dinner? I would go back and just hang out and eat in the bar next time I'm in town. Don't miss this place if you're in Blowing Rock.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
“Good Food and nice atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Owned by the owners of Gideon Ridge Inn, the food was excellent and our table by the wood-burning fireplace was outstanding!

Charlotte, NC
“Delicious food with cozy atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Roca is my goto restaurant in Blowing Rock. I can always count on a variety of delicious food whether I am in the mood for small plates or a meal. I enjoy sitting at the bar, having a drink, and eating appetizers. The roasted figs are wonderful as are the spreads on pita. The atmosphere in the bar is so intimate and cozy. You just feel at ease there.

NC
“Did not meet my expectations!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I chose Bistro Roca for my Mom to take me for a birthday lunch after hearing great things. Was most definitely disappointed. Server was slow and impersonal. My burger was pretty good but Mom's flat bread was small and not worth the price.

• Visited October 2011