“The view is great and the food is ok...” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Atlanta, GA
“The view is great and the food is ok...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I ordered the trout - North Carolina trout? Better be good - it was good - the price was what I thought to be steep, I thought 19.99 and here i was in NC and a local establishment. It was good - service was fair - the view is what you come to Canyons for - that and some beer and munchies - I guess I should haven't ordered dinner!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Durham, North Carolina
“Good view and food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Don't know why folks are putting this place down. Inside was fine, not great, but not as bad as some make it sound. View was nice, but only if you get a window table. Another couple was seated after us and ordered before us, so I brought it to their attention :) but our waitress was very nice. I don't like spicy hot food so I don't recommend the salsa. Four at our table and everyone liked it.

Visited September 2012
Boone, North Carolina
“Tourist trap.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The only thing this restaurant has going for it is a great location with a great view.The food and atmosphere are very disappointing. Very run down and doesn't seem to be clean.

West Jefferson, North Carolina
“All-around favorite!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

On a clear day you can see forever-on a not so clear day you still have a great view! The food is also good, some typical bar food but also some other great choices like mahi taco, salmon and southwestern choices from the menu. The beer selection is top notch-local brews mixed with better ales and the staples. The staff is attentive; I've been there several times and never disappointed.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, NC
“What a view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I hate we missed the jazz brunch but the view was amazing even though it was cloudy. They had Cottonwood Pumpkin on tap and the bartender rimmed the glass with cinnamon sugar. Yum!! For a late lunch, I got the fish & chips and my husband got the chicken fingers. Both were pretty tasty. The view was by far the best part and we can't wait to go back!

• Visited September 2012