“Great new place” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 40 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Blowing Rock Brewing Company is committed to providing you with handcrafted, mountain artisan beer. All of our beers are brewed on site using fresh, local ingredients. "Go To The Mountains" can be found on our cans for a reason, and its not just because we want you to visit. Everything about our brews captures the finest qualities of the High Country, all the way from our ingredients to our team that sells, samples and serves them. Our Legacy Series offers you our flagship brews. These have been with us since the very beginning. Our Ale House Series consists of our ever-changing, artisan brews which we craft by experimenting with local ingredients and mountain resources.
Boone, North Carolina
“Great new place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Went with friends and had a great time. Michel our waitress was great she took good care of us. The Place was full and she still treated us like we were the only ones she had the wait on. The food was very tasty and presented well. I had the six flight of beer. The imperial stout was the best I've ever had. We will be back to try other beers and other things on the menu.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Nice place to have some cold brew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great place to hang out and watch the game. Beer and food were outstanding. Pricing was average. I would recommend getting a reservation due to the size of the place

Visited January 2014
Lewisville, Texas
“I think they could try harder...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I loath rude people, so I'll try not to be a jerk on this one. I can appreciate how difficult it is to run a successful eatery. Trying to make everyone happy isn't easy. But this place didn't make ANYBODY at my table (8 of us on this occasion) feel particularly satisfied. For a mid-afternoon lunch, the place was about 65% full. But our wait was prolonged to the point of discomfort. The menu really sold the cuisine, much like the menus aboard airplanes enjoys including every ingredient used in preparation of a dish - to make it seem way more savory and abundant than it truly is. But each dish honestly failed to deliver, both in terms of flavor and portion size. Aside from that, this "Ale House" toots its' own horn over the beer selection that they have proudly made available to the diners. Skip 'em. As a life long beer aficionado, I can genuinely inform you that all the beers that we sampled were not up to par with Coors (which I wouldn't even drink out of desperation). Upon payment of our bill, I walked across the street to The Mellow Mushroom and ordered two large slices of pepperoni pizza for $7. - so that I could finally feel satiated. That was the highlight of my meal. Take it for what it's worth. I'm sure a lot of folks will enjoy it, but I just wish they'd season the cuisine, and bring it out above room temp. It was a definite "M'eh" dining experience.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Super Slow!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

More than 30 minutes waiting time for food!! Dining table were too small for big group like us. Very disappointed. Burger, sausage, pasta were average. I don't drink but one of the member of our group was very disappointed with his beer, but luckily the waitress let him exchange. Fried chicken sandwich is the only one that is above average. Our little kid got her coloring paper but they forgot to gave her crayons.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hickory, North Carolina, United States
“New Years get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We ate here twice for lunch and stayed two nights here. OMG the food is off the hook delicious! Eat here no matter what!!! The Inn is so quaint and charming....a little noisy but will not keep us from coming back. The bed and the linens are 5 star! We parked and walked everywhere, location is perfect!