“Good place, but was a little expenseive for what you get.” 3 of 5 stars

Blowing Rock, NC
Improve this listing
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Sports
Charlotte, NC
“Good place, but was a little expenseive for what you get.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I skied here as a kid, in college for a 1 hour PE Credit and most recently this past weekend. I expected it to be crowded and it was since it was a holiday weekend. What I didn't expect was to spend almost $400 for a family of 5 to ski for 1 day. We checked the rates online and the rental packages, but it seemed like we got peppered with add-ons.

We had a great time, but will likely venture to other NC Ski Slopes next time. Some advice: Rent your equipment elsewhere and just buy the lift ticket only at Appalachian Ski Mountain. Equipment is less expensive and likely better. There's also a ticket counter dedicated to lift tickets only so you won't have to wait in line nearly as long.

Visited January 2013

hickory, nc
40 attraction reviews
“local fun in the snow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

A good deal at a reasonable price. Chair lift is slow, but the slopes are well kept. Upstairs service is relaxing for tired skiers.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Fun for beginner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My first time, and it was fun. The staff there is so nice and helpful. I would go again. I like the quaintness. A little outdated in decor but that's fine. A great place to learn to ski

Visited December 2012
Winston Salem, North Carolina
10 attraction reviews
“Good ski area to learn on”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

This is a good beginner to intermediate ski area. We were a group of nine with beginners to expert, level skiers and snowboarders. We were visiting family in NC. The more advanced skier will be bored here but it is a great place to learn how to ski or snowboard. We went on a Sunday morning and it was empty because most people in the are in church, according to the staff.

74 attraction reviews
“Nice bit short slopes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I came here becauseI I am visiting all the NC ski resorts. I skied on the night of Saturday the 5th. Resort was not crowded and it took 15 minutes to get ready, buy tickets and start skiing. Snow was good cannons were not running and slopes were not crowded, I was literally going up and down with no waiting time in line. It's a little overpriced considering the shortness of the slopes, but the good of this was that they were well maintained.
Not sure I well come back but it was a nice experience.