After some thorough research, I reserved a weekend stay at the Chetola Resort. The trip was a birthday present for my younger sister, and she loved every bit of it. Our room looked directly in front of the lake on the resort; it was a gorgeous site from the balcony when we settled into our room. There are many trails that branch from the Chetola Resort, so we didn't have to drive to go hike. You could walk to downtown Blowing Rock in 15 minutes or less since it's only a mile down the road from Chetola. I know other reviewers may have commented on the dated decor of the rooms, but my sister and I loved the cozy vibe of the interior. Chetola is a historical site; the stay would not be the same with a sleek and modern interior.. we were in the mountains, of course! Our room was very clean when we checked in. We loved the teddy bear that welcomed us in the room. The balcony view was..well.. AWESOME! The room was complete with a fridge and microwave and a sink next to the appliances if you needed to wash dishes or whatnot. All the staff were very friendly andh helpful. The indoor pool and hot tub looked very nice, but we did not get a chance to use either; we did use the sauna! The also gym looked nicely equipped. You can also rent dvds (located at the pool entrance) if you choose to! Cannot forget to mention the Manor Restaurant :-) The breakfast buffet had a decent amount of choices to choose from; you could always order breakfast through room service as well. The Manor Restaurant is also open for lunch and dinner. My sister and I enjoyed our meal at dinner; the mediterranean platter appetizer was flavorful and delicious! By the way, don't worry about the wedding receptions held on the resort; the celebration is usually over by 11:30p or earlier. Looking forward to our next stay at the resort!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock, an 87-acre resort within walking distance of a quaint mountain village, neighboring a 3,600-acre National Park and surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina. Enjoy first-class accommodations in Chetola's Lodge, luxury Condominiums or the Bob Timberlake Inn at Chetola Resort, as well as fine dining at Timberlake's Restaurant. Discover The Spa at Chetola Resort, our Health and Wellness programs, and the many opportunities for recreation at Chetola Lake and along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Chetola also offers exceptional meeting and conference facilities and is a favorite destination for weddings and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chetola Mountain Hotel Blowing Rock
- Chetola Resort
- Chetola Mountain Blowing Rock
- Blowing Chetola Nc Resort Rock