“Attention to Detail; Romance; Views; R&R to the Max” 5 of 5 stars

Westglow Resort & Spa
224 Westglow Circle, Blowing Rock, NC 28605   |
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Blowing Rock
Atlanta, Georgia
“Attention to Detail; Romance; Views; R&R to the Max”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We celebrated our 10 year anniversary here last week for 2 nights and must say we picked the right spot for reenergizing, relaxing, and quieting down from the busy life. This old world inn with only 6 rooms in the mansion and 3 in a lodge had what we were seeking. The staff is incredibly knowledgeable and go out of their way; the grounds and rooms are immaculate; excellent fitness classes and a best in class spa. We took a few amazing hikes that were less than 10 minutes away, off the Blue Ridge Parkway but otherwise read, relaxed, some fitness and treatments and came away thinking this was awesome.

Room Tip: rooms to the east enjoy an awesome sunrise..i think we had 14a with an awesome shower
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
seacoast N.H.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I just spent a fabulous reunion weekend here. Upon arrival, the front desk (Natalie) was amazing....like we had known each other for years! The rest of the staff was outgoing, helpful, friendly, and sincere. Made us feel immediately like we were in their lovely home! There is nothing pretentious or snooty about this place...from the morning hike to the cozy bar. Here is a place I would recommmend a thousand times!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We went as a couple, and enjoyed our 3 nite stay very much. The staff was incredible, warm, learned our names, and was always trying to help any way they could. The facilities were the cleanest we've ever seen, excellent housekeeping - from room to public areas, from grounds to spa, pool, and locker rooms. Not a stray piece of paper or dust to be found. The bedding in room 10/11 was soft and comfy, bottled water was plentiful, and the breakfast part of the B&B was exceptional. I had the best massage ever (hot stone). The two hikes in the morning were designed for two levels of ability and offered pretty terrain, good fitness, and knowledgeable guides who clearly love what they do. The exercise equipment was in top notch shape. The only caution is to ask before booking if there will be a large party. Remember, this is a historic house - so if an evening activity is underway, you will hear it in your room. But overall, this is a well-managed, well-trained, attention-to-detail place to stay.

Room Tip: Room 10/11 is actually 2 smaller rooms (king & twin) with one (sort of small) bathroom. The 11...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
FLORIDA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I just stayed at Westglow and I loved it! It is so beautiful there and they run the place top notch. Every detail is taken care of and there are so many wonderful touches. The linens all smell so clean and fragrant. The spa is first class too, the fitness classes were great and the spa services were incredible and the staff are all so friendly and really go out of their way to make everyone feel welcome and they were extremely helpful.
The spa center is so beautiful too, especially the Relaxation Lounge. That room is gorgeous!
Rowland's served amazing food and it was all so beautiful. I can't say enough great things about this place, if you want luxury and impeccable service along with beautiful views and pampering this is your place. Well worth the money!

• Stayed September 2012
Pinehurst
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

It was a first visit by my wife and I. The restoration of this 1917 mansion was done well and the furnishings/bedding are top notch. Service was exceptional as the professional, and friendly, staff anticipated every need. We never heard a sound anywhere after 10pm each night. We met the talented and gregarious founder, Ms. Valentine, while there and she remains a vital component of this finely tuned operation. The food is gourmet and ample. The message treatments were among best we've ever received and priced reasonably. Activities, including an expert and informative guided hike each morning, to different destinations, made the trip memorable. The views of the mountains from the rooms and property are arguably the best in NC. In an age of standardization of spas and hotel rooms, etc, the experience here is unique and must be reason for its recent #2 in world award by Travel and Leisure magazine. It is near higher end of tariff scale but, because staff to guest ratio is so favorable (and rare), would recommend to everyone who can afford it.

Room Tip: Only 6 rooms in the Mansion and all were nicely furnished, with different sized beds. Only 10/11 ha...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Westglow224, General Manager at Westglow Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Westglow. It is so nice to know our guests appreciate all of the hard work and dedication of our staff in making each visit a memorable one. Glynda Valentine is an inspiration to all of us; we cannot imagine what our hikes would be like without her leading the charge. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Blowing Rock you will stay with us again!
Skokie, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about this place. My husband and I went on a short get away here this month. The hotel, which was formerly a mansion was converted into a luxery b and b. It's beautiful, clean, comfortable. The staff is remarkably wonderful without exception. Each person there, from the front desk to the housekeeping staff, did everything they could to make our stay perfect. There is nothing they wouldn't try to do to accomodate us. The resort is located in a remote by not too remote part of the mountains. The views are beautiful. We did not meet the owners but did not need to to know that they care about their guests. As I said, I can't say enough!

Room Tip: Stay in the mansion for the best experience. There are a couple lodges, which are also nice, but th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Westglow224, General Manager at Westglow Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you so much. We loved having you at Westglow. We hope to see you back soon!
Southeastern, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I've wanted to go to Westglow for years, but the time was never right. Having started a very demanding job in April 2012, I seriously needed a break by July. I booked for 3 days (Th/F/Sa) as a Spa Package. Let it be known upfront that I am known to be very picky about everything. I have to say that I would be pressed to find much to complain about at Westglow. My room (#12) in the mansion was delightful. I had read previous quibbles about the air conditioning. Not sure what that was about. I had no issues. The room was just right for me ( sans husband). Staff was extremely pleasant and accommodating. Food (three meals included-lunch at spa) was extraordinary-and I am a foodie! Spa treatments were great. Hikes were excellent. There was a wedding on site on Saturday, but I was warned about that in advance. There was little to no inconvenience to me, and the music from the reception was great! The only small glitches concerned the dining. The first two nights I was not informed by the waitstaff that I was entitled to 2 starters/entree/dessert as part of my package. I was only offered one starter/entree/dessert. On my final night, my server enlightened me. There was another couple in the dining room that was also unaware of this. Clearly this was NOT communicated well by Westglow. Also, on departure there was a miscommunication about one of the meals for which I had paid cash for the uncovered alcohol. I had left the dining room without getting a receipt. They did end up writing it off. My"bad" for not getting a receipt, but their bad for messing up the payment. Not what I would expect from a Relais and Chateaux! Overall, though, a fabulous experience. I plan to return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Westglow224, General Manager at Westglow Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Thank you for the great review. We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback and hope you'll return again soon! Thanks.

Been to Westglow Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!