“A hidden gem in Blowing Rock” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A hidden gem in Blowing Rock”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

With the current road construction going on in Blowing Rock you might drive right by the Foggy Rock Eatery if you did not know it was there but you would be missing a real treat. They have a small bar area with televisions in the front and an open concept dining area in the back. The menu is filled with lots of salads, burgers and sandwiches along with a full assortment of dinner entrees. Try any of their specialty Philly style cheesesteaks or a salmon sandwich which is excellent. I had the boneless jerk pork chops served with a unique sweet potato risotto which was outstanding. I have to give special thanks to our server Caitlin who told us that she had worked there since the restaurant first opened. It was obvious that she was very proud to be a part of the Foggy Rock family and it showed in her performance. Not only was she willing to make suggestions on her favorites on the menu (which turned out to be spot on I might add), but as visitors to the area we asked her about other places to eat locally and she was able to provide some great suggestions in that area as well. What a wonderful young lady! The next time you are in the Blowing Rock area, or headed up to Boone or Banner Elk, stop by the Foggy Rock Eatery for some great food and don't forget to ask for Caitlin to be your server!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Great place to have lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The service was great and the food was spot on. I enjoyed the local trout and my spouse had a cheeseburger. Other food being delivered to people nearby had a good appearance and the overall atmosphere was pleasant.

Visited October 2012
Willow Spring, North Carolina
“Not just pub food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The food was excellent - especially the trout three ways! While the menu had traditional pub fare, there was a more varied selection. Casual place.

Visited October 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great Foggy Lunch Find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was in the Boone area on business and had a little time to explore the area so I stumbled upon Foggy Rock in Blowing Rock through Trip Advisor for lunch. I sat at the bar facing the beer taps and couldn't believe the selection of beers! At least ten taps of beer were facing me with a good selection of local beer. Unfortunately, it was foggy and I had to travel home so I didn't partake in the beer, but I could definitely see myself enjoying this place just for a pint or two if I was in the area. I ordered the special of the day, a Vietnamese Grilled Cheese (Bon Me, I believe was the name) which was served with house made chips. The sandwich was excellent with buttered bread, gooey cheese, crunchy coleslaw, and tender pork. The chips were OK, not my favorite...I probably would have prefered hot fries. The portion was huge and I was not able to eat it all, even though the sandwich was so declicious. I would definitely come back here, hopefully for dinner where I could relax and enjoy a spirit or two and try the goat cheese naan bread appetizer and one of the delicious sounding salads and entrees.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Florida, Florida
“Unexpectedly Nice! Great Fried Green Tomatoes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I have been going to Blowing Rock for 10 years and had never been to Foggy Rock because of the way it sits back off the road. It was suggested we try it for lunch and to get the Fried Green Tomatoes and Fried Catfish Sandwich. We did and we will certainly go back again!

• Visited October 2012