“One nighter in Blowing Rock” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 14 hotels in Blowing Rock
Charlotte
“One nighter in Blowing Rock”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I visited Blowing Rock this past weekend in an effort to escape the big city heat of Charlotte. When booking online, I noticed surprisingly quite a few of the quaint; family owned Blowing Rock establishments were mostly booked. At least, if you were looking for a king bed they were booked. I noticed the Holiday Inn was decently ranked and made my reservations the day of my visit and requesting a kind bed wasn't an issue. Upon arrival, check-in was easy, staff was friendly, and the hotel overall seemed to be as depicted online from other visitors post. There is additional parking around back and if you have a lower level room, then you really never has to interact with anyone coming and going and that was fine by me. The room was clean and well kept and everything was in order. Inside the room there is a decent size flat screen TV, coffee maker, mini refrigerator and microwave. Bathrooms are cozy, but clean and I only noticed a few minor maintenance items. Nothing that kept me from enjoying my stay. It was very quiet as well. The next morning I ventured up to the dining area and it was pretty packed with guests, which is a good sign. All items were well stocked and I had no issues getting what I wanted. If it was cold it was suppose to be cold and if it was hot, then it was served hot, simple enough.

Other points to mention, the Holiday Inn has an indoor pool and free Wifi access. It is also within walking distance to some great restaurants. Road construction still continues on the highway, in and around Blowing Rock. The hotel itself isn't a place you would stay for scenic views anyway and the road construction is just that, construction. Its location is convenient to all things Blowing Rock however, just minutes from the Outlet shops, Blue Ridge Parkway, Tweetsie, tubing, winter time skiing, etc.

Overall a good stay and I would certainly return.

Room Tip: Lower level rooms with even numbers have more of a basement looking up and out view of front parking...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
hiexpressbr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South, responded to this review, 3 days ago
BestofCharlotte,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am very pleased to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your stay! I am very glad to hear that you appreciated the in-room amenities that we offer and found your room to be clean. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. I hope that you were able to enjoy some of the area attractions during your visit to Blowing Rock! I am glad that you found our proximity to area attractions favorable. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel! Your feedback is very much appreciated! Thank you for your business! We hope to see you again the next time you wish to escape Charlotte for the weekend!

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Abingdon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I don't need to stay at the most expensive hotels but I will shell out the extra dough if it's the only place where the cleanliness reviews are above 4 stars. Finding a place that is in the $60 range, is clean, and the bed is comfortable is an AMAZING find in my book. This place has clean sheets and towels (I spot-checked) nicely wiped down bathroom (I look before I sit or shower) and the bonus features of coffee/fridge and a microwave in the room. Free internet, pool and great selection on the continental breakfast. Fantastic value in comparison to other choices.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
hiexpressbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Holly
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also pleased that you found the accommodations clean and the staff friendly. We appreciate the feedback.

Thanks again for staying with us, we truly appreciate it.

Hope to see you again soon
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am a Platinum Member of Holiday Inn and use this brand for all stays due to the reward points. As my title indicates this hotel is in my TOP 5 all time worst hotels due to many factors :
1) Dirty - The carpet, tables, & chairs in the breakfast area are stained and the carpet was sticky in most areas (not due to a random spill) it was dirty.
2) Trash on steps in main entry area that was present from my check in till check out.
3) Phone was plugged in but did not work.
4) Lamp not plugged in at all.
5) door in breakfast area propped open during breakfast hours causing garbage smell to travel into eating area during breakfast.
6) Mold in corner of tub area.
My question: Is there a manager? Does corporate ever visit this hotel?

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel in Blowing Rock, NC. Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
hiexpressbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Mike2013May
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I apologize that you did not have a great experience at our hotel. Please contact me in a private email at hiexpressbr@gmail.com so I can discuss these issues with you in detail.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful, but that is the best of it. Free breakfast is a typical free breakfast. Room was dated, toilet paper holder was loose, tv remote didn't work, couch had cigarette burns, furniture was spotted, lamp switch was broken...the place needs an overhaul!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I apologize that you had some issues with your room during your stay and that the room did not meet your expectations. We could had moved you to another room or got the items fixed if they had been brought to the attention of the staff. It is our goal to make sure that every guest enjoys there stay and has a great experience. I apologize that we seem to have been unable to do this in your experience with the hotel. Once again thanks for staying with us, we truly appreciate it. I hope you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you and deliver the great experience that I know we can give our guest.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was a great place for us to stay on our recent vacation to North Carolina August 5th. The hotel is convenient to The Blowing Rock, the beautiful downtown area of Blowing Rock and to attractions in Boone and Linville. The value of the hotel includes a clean well decorated room with up to date furnishings and the conveniences of wifi, a refrigerator, cable tv and a microwave. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was plentiful and convenient and of course crowded as it is included with your stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor are closer to the indoor pool and convenient to the parking lot.
3Pengins

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also pleased to hear that you found the staff friendly and the breakfast bar to you liking.
Thanks again for staying with us, we truly appreciate it.
Hope to see you and your family again.
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel had some pluses and minuses, but was okay for a medium cost overnight stay. Check-in was quick even if not warm and friendly, the rooms were clean and spacious and the fitness center was fine. The downside was the crowded and perhaps limited breakfast - but it was "free", so it is hard to say it was not good value for money.

We would stay there again if we were in the area again, but otherwise not think of it.

San Marco2

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We value your feedback and will use it for training and retraining the staff in areas where you feel we can use some improvement. Thanks again for staying with us, we truly appreciate it. Hope to see you again if your travels bring you back this way.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

my stay FAILED to live up to EVEN a low STANDARD. This was the hotel picked for a wedding party...bad decision. The location and site were unattractive AT BEST. The hotel is very dated, the rooms are subpar, the bathrooms have issues, the hotel is not very clean....it is dirty, and the free breakfast is the worst food I have ever eaten. And, the breakfast area, like the rest of the hotel in which to stay....choose one of them.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
hiexpressbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
SmithAtlanta

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're sorry you had a poor experience with regards to the cleanliness of your room, and the breakfast was not to your satisfaction. We truly wish we had the opportunity to know about the issues you were experiencing when they happened, as we could have taken the opportunity to rectify the problems and made you more comfortable. We hope you will reconsider staying with us some other time so that we can provide you with the expectations you deserve as a loyal guest.Again, that you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our guest feedback is invaluable.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South? Share your experiences!