We stayed here two nights to ski at Appalachian Ski Mountain. The location is great - just a short drive to the ski area, to Boone, and to Grandfather Mountain (great hiking). Check-in was quick and friendly. No problems with the room: beds, pillows, linens were comfortable, and everything was clean. The only downside was the tub didn't drain quickly (I forgot to mention this to the front desk). Workout room is limited (3 cardio machines) but clean. The hotel had an updated look and comfortable feel. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise, with plenty of variety (hot pancakes, hot cinnimon rolls, hot meats, as well as yogurt, fruit, etc.). And as busy as it got one morning (so busy there weren't enough tables!), the staff did an excellent job keeping the breakfast foods and supplies stocked. Overall great experience; I plan to stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South Hotel Blowing Rock
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The High Country's newest hotel! Our beautiful newly renovated rooms include two queen beds, one king bed, as well as deluxe rooms all with flat-screen HDTVs, microwaves and refrigerators. Stop by in the morning to enjoy our complimentary Smart Start Hot Breakfast. Available every day, the breakfast bar offers our world famous cinnamon rolls, eggs, bacon, gravy biscuits, Pancakes and more! We also have an indoor heated pool, fitness center and business center all available to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.