“Dirty 8” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Black Mountain
Nesbit
“Dirty 8”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This motel was one of the worst i have stayed in. the tub did not drain, there was a used coffee filter in the coffee maker. I also paid for another room that my friends used, that room had mold on the walls. Overall, a very dissapointing experience. I would not stay at another Super 8 nor would i reccomend to anyone.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Unclean and loud. The unfriendly manager and roaches were the worst ever. The motorcycles and other guests were very loud. The price is cheap but not worth staying here. I've been there many times and each time worst than the last. When I stayed on the first floor the guests above me left the water on and I awoke at 2in the morning to three inches of water in my room. I had to move. The manager refused to refund my money

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Even though we had our confirmation number, the hotel was unable to locate our reservation. Thankfully, they were able to upscale our room at the same price. The hotel needs some fixing-up, but the room was nice and clean. A/C worked great. Mattress needs to be replaced, old spring style mattress and box spring was not the most comfortable, but I slept ok. Our room at back of building gave us a nice mountain view. Rooms on front face the pool and a nice grassy area beside creek. Maybe 1/4 mile walking distance to all the shops/sights. Only con, went to the desk to ask for an extra pillow and they said they would bring it to us, which they timely brought. Again, we went to desk to ask for extra coffee and were told they would bring it to us, but we never got it. Couldn't figure out why they didn't give it to us while we were standing there? Continental breakfast was all carbs and nothing hot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New Bern, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Met at front desk by very unfriendly attendant M., when I asked for a ground level floor room she said NO and I should have booked through them directly and then she could have taken care of that. My husband has chronic back pain and injuries and the steps made getting to the room challenging. There were many unused rooms on ground floor that we could have been given. The room had food crumbs on side table and dust on the furniture. the rate for this room should'nt be over $50.00 a night. Way over priced, poor service, poor breakfast!

Room Tip: Hotels in the area are very pricey, there are several independant small hotels that would probably h...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Black Mountain? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Black Mountain

Address: 101 Flat Creek Road, Black Mountain, NC 28711
Location: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Smoky Mountains > Black Mountain
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Black Mountain
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Black Mountain 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Super 8 Black Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Motel Black Mountain Hotel Black Mountain
Super Eight Black Mountain
Black Mountain Super 8
Black Mountain Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 Black Mountain, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.