“run don't walk, cat urine smell everywhere yuck :(” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Black Mountain
Apple Blossom Motel
602 West State Street, Black Mountain, NC 28711   |
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Black Mountain
STALEY,NC
“run don't walk, cat urine smell everywhere yuck :(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My daughter and I read reviews and the price was right, so we drove from Asheville to stay here, and as soon as we walked out of the car, U are struck with a stench that makes U want to throw up. Ha ha my 25 yr old opens door and says Ewe what is that smell is it me, heck no it's this nasty motel that is run down and so dirty and unkept. The owner who could barely put a few english words together gave us a key to ck out the room, it smelled like wet dogs and cigs. No thank you. We drove right back to Asheville and stayed at Downtown Inn and suites. Price $79 included tax and breakfast in morning. Great walking distance to everything. Do not stay here, spend the extra bucks and go elsewhere. I bet it hasn't had any new bedspreads or mattresses since the 60's. Yuck.

Room Tip: do not stay here unless U want to leave smelling like U rolled in a litter box.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Charlotte N.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stopped here for a day trip to Black Mountain , Clerk gave us a key and let us look at room , As soon as we opened the door we smelled CLEAN,,,, It was a dated room but very clean . everything worked fine and they had a fridge and microwave for $50.00 a night , Shopped for the day and loved the area we booked at hotel next to this to check it out also (Acorn ) pretty much the same price but rooms were BIGGER and also very clean .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Saluda, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Hello.. I love this Motel. we are from Saluda, South Carolina. We stay there a lot over the years. Motel manager is very nice and friendly, clean rooms. Not Far from Ashveiile, also there is Chimney Rock too. Would highly recommend this Motel. jojo an sugar bear..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

It was raining heavily Friday night and all of the other motels in Asheville were full. The clerk at the Motel 6 recommended the Acorn Motel (Apple Blossom's next door neighbor), but when I got there, I saw that the front of the Apple Blossom Motel looked less populated with cars--something I often look for in picking a motel. I kind of knew what I was in for when I picked this place, but I was too tired from driving all day to complain much.

The (lady) clerk was very friendly and pleasant. She gave me the key to the 'non-smoking' room in which I'd be staying so that I could inspect it before agreeing to pay for it. Yes, the room was very basic, smelled bit of cigarette smoke, and its furnishings were old and somewhat run down, but it was clean. Also, the bathroom was clean and had fresh towels. I was grateful just to find a place to sleep. Yes, I paid the $55 to stay here, but I was ready to fall in bed anyway.

I was concerned I'd hear (music) noise from the neighbors on the other side of the complex, but the A/C motor drowned that out.

Room Tip: Book your hotel rooms in Asheville before you arrive there and pay attention to reviews on TripAdvis...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Room was clean - especially the bathroom. It was 'vintage' and what you would expect for the price, but it was MUCH cleaner than the Days Inn we slept in the night before. Friendly people, great price. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room you will be staying in before you pay. If the front desk isn't happy to acc...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
So. Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Non smoking room smelled like smoke and scent from a recent overflowed toilet. Not that noticable until the AC really stirred the air. AC unit has probably been there since the owners bought the place. Buttons and adjustment knobs broken. Bathroom was actually the cleanest part of the room. Over 60.00 dollars for a 40 dollar room. Parking lot looked like a contractors work shop. Won't stay there again. Good if you are really tired and we were. Left by 8am. One of the posts on here raved about the hot tub, stream, pond, frogs, books and front and back porch. None of this exists. At least not here. Saw the coffee pot. Went to Denny's up the road.

Room Tip: Good when all else is full or you are really tired. In the 60's and 70's this was a pretty n...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreat, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

A very nice and friendly place, The rooms are nice, the fridge and microwave are a bonus, and at a great price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Apple Blossom Motel? Share your experiences!