“poor service, never had to chance to even eat here” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
lake worth
“poor service, never had to chance to even eat here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I moved to Black Mountain about a year ago, and tried pretty much every restaurant in town, except the Bistro. So today I decided to go at lunch. It was 11:45am when I arrived. There was only (2) tables of customers at the time. First, the parking is tight, and for only (2) tables being served it was most likely employes'e using the prime spaces. There was no clear entrance to the place and I walked in to what looked like a small bar area. Their was one lady behind the bar, counting the cash drawer I believe. I stayed in that area for 3-4 minutes. She never once turned around or acknowledged me. I did not know if I should just grab a table or menu or what. As there was a 'wait to be seated sign' but it was kind of tossed to the side. After serveral minutes I went around to the dining area, again no one acknowledged me. I would have preferred to sit outside, but another lady was blowing the patio area. The place opens at 11am and you would have thought that would have already been done, if needed. Well, after another few minutes just standing, and not being acknowledged I just left. I have guests coming into town at the end of the month, as was actively trying to find the best restaurant to dine with them. This will not be my choice. Customer Service was null, and the food I can not say, as I was not given the opportunity to eat there..oh well, their are plenty of other restaurants that are good in the area.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Lafayette
“Great food at reasonable prices with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We eat here every time we come to Black Mountain. It never disappoints. We have tried the trout and salmon which were excellent. The salads are fresh. We have tried the rib eye steak and the "black and blue" burger and loved it. Most of all, I love the fried green tomatoes - don't miss them. When it is warm out, we always eat outside on the porch or patio. Since it is on the Main Street, the road noise from the cars can sometimes be a little noisy but it doesn't seem to be a problem after 6pm.

• Visited April 2014
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Hungry for lunch? Go BMB”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We ate lunch at the bistro and it was fantastic. Even though this was a slower time of day, the food and service were impeccable.
I had a burger that was perfect and loaded with a fried green tomatoe and pimento cheese.
I've heard it is a great place any time, but I can vouch for lunch. We'll be back.

Chicago
“Valentine's Dinner - Did NOT disappoint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

typically any holiday meal can be a bit of a let down, we were more than pleasantly surprised at the menu selection, quality and portion of meals, and service above par and the price point was very reasonable.
Did not feel rushed, appetizers and main entrees brought out in a timely manner - hot and with a very nice presentation.
Kudos to the entire staff - well done!

• Visited February 2014
Hellertown, Pa
“Wonderfully surprised on long trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

WHY ALL THIS DETAIL? I was that impressed.

BOTTOM LINE: great food and great service at very reasonable prices- worth the 5 minute drive off the highway

BACKGROUND: On current long trip - PA -> NC -> TN so you can imagine that by the time I got close to Asheville, NC I was sick all of the fast food I had eaten. On a whim, I just used my GPS to locate a restaurant and chose this one just because it had "Bistro" in the title. (Yes, this is a silly reason to chose a restaurant, so feel free to chuckle.)

THE FOOD: Very wonderfully surprised. Just intending to order a sandwich, but ended up eating:
> SOUP ($3.99)- small cup of Tomato Bisque that just got better the more I ate - very thick with
real tomato chunks, not sure but may have had a hint of sherry
> SANDWICH ($8.99) - Grilled Chicken Breast - fresh basil pesto and parmesan on ciabatta roll
w/ Caesar dressing, not your usual sides of french fries, chips
- I got sauteed spinach - fresh but a bit bland - could have used some
seasoning so I salted
extremely fresh roll - must have been baked that day, chicken perfectly grilled
and the pesto, parmesan, ceasar combo was delicious
> DESSERT ($5.99)- triple chocolate cheesecake - perfect

Just as a side note I even liked the soup crackers enough that I asked if I could take a few with me (nice buttery taste, not the usual dry ones)

• Visited December 2013