“Home away from home with friendly hosts” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn Around The Corner

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Black Mountain
The Inn Around The Corner
You added The Inn Around The Corner to your Saves list
109 Church Street, Black Mountain, NC 28711   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston
“Home away from home with friendly hosts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

Nancy runs a tight and friendly ship. Our family reunion (we took over the place) was greatly enhanced by the great food, friendly and helpful advice and generally welcoming environment as Nancy and Roger hosted us for a long weekend. Breakfast is excellent. Plenty of snacks around all day. Homey and comfortable without pretense. Right in the middle of Black Mountain, with easy access to all the area has to offer. Plenty of parking, nice common rooms.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
san diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

My husband and I were to visit Black Mountain for two days this week (Oct. 19th). As always when we travel to new places, I reviewed the Inn Around the Corner here at Trip Advisor. The reviews were positive so I booked a room for two nights.

To my surprise, innkeeper Nancy didn't even require a credit card to hold our room. She simply told me to bring a check and I could pay upon arrival. How trusting is that?

Short story long, my husband's employer contacted us Friday and demanded my husband return early from our vacation for a work meeting.

I called the Inn Around the Corner and told Nancy we had to cancel our room and that I would pay for (at least) one night's stay. Since there was no credit card deposit, I told Nancy I would send a check.

Nancy told me "No, that's not necessary" and said that she was sorry we had to cut our trip short. She said she hoped we would -- at some future date -- get to visit her lovely community.

My point? What a classy lady and what a wonderful place the Inn Around the Corner must be with Nancy (and husband Roger) at the helm.

Nancy, if you read this, we will make a point to visit Black Mountain on our next Carolina trip and we will thank you in person for your kindness and understanding. You are a class act!

Stayed October 2008
Marietta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2008

The Inn Around the Corner in Black Mountain is a lovely Bed and Breakfast with charm, hospitality , warmth and elegance all rolled into one! The home is beautifully furnished and the bedrooms are all very nice , spacious and cozy. The owners, Roger and Nancy have obviously made it a labor of love. Nancy's cooking is divine and the breakfasts are scrumptious. Nancy and Roger both are very attentive and eager to make sure you have everything you need. The location is a big plus, a very short walking distance to the artsy little town of Black Mountain where you can find plenty of good food and shopping. Of course it's only minutes to mountains, nature, the Blue Ridge Parkway and Biltmore Estate. Go - you'll be glad you did!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

This was our first trip to the Inn Around the Corner and it is one of the best Bed and Breakfast's we have ever stayed at. It's very pretty, very clean, very well run and the breakfast is gourmet, to say the least. The prices are reasonable too!
It's got a great location for walking access to Black Mountain, a friendly, interesting North Carolina mountain village. Also excellent access for driving anywhere you need to go in the area.
Wish all B&B's were like this one. Thanks Nancy and Roger, you're the best!

• Liked — Food, room and owners!
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2007

We just returned from a 3 day stay at The Inn Around the Corner in quaint Black Mountain. The Inn is a restored 1915 Victorian home. It has 5 rooms and 2 suites. There are 2 sitting rooms and a large dining room. There are 2 large porches with swings and rockers. There is even a bed on the second story porch! The decor is lovely and charming. It has all the modern conviences. We stayed on the top floor in the Eagles Nest Suite. It was a very large room with a couch, TV, internet etc. There is a writing alcove overlooking the mountains, and my husbands favorite : a large window seat with windows that opened overlooking the mountains. We had a large garden tub and a separate shower. The Innkeepers Roger and Nancy are very accomodating and gracious. Roger keeps breakfast exciting with his hilarious stories. Nancy's breakfast are truly gourmet. They are some of the best we have had in our travels around the world. We had stuffed french toast, egg souffles, and southwestern breakfast burritos-all served with tropical fruits, gourmet sides and beautiful garnishes. The presentation was lovely. The Inn is small enough to give personalized service and special touches but large enough to have your privacy. We never felt they were intrusive. There is a stocked kitchen with coffee, teas, sodas, and snacks. Every night a basket of homemade cookies are delivered to your room. Nancy even baked a lovely birthday cake for me. We travel to Black Mountain, NC frequently and we definitely plan to return.

• Liked — personal service, decor ot a victorian home
  • Disliked — narrow stairway to 3rd floor
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Germanton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2007

My best friend and I stayed at The Inn Around The Corner over Labor Day weekend and were very pleasantly surprised! I could not find any reviews online, so I was very skeptical of booking this B&B, but I am so glad I took my chances! Roger and Nancy were very hospitable, and they thought of everything--extras in the bathroom (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bath salts, body wash, makeup removing wipes, blow dryer), homemade cookies hung on your door every evening, and complimentary snacks and drinks just to name a few.

BREAKFAST:
-1st morning - blackberry stuffed French toast, sausage, fresh fruit, and a fresh fruit smoothie
-2nd morning - egg soufflé w/ feta and sun dried tomatoes, a homemade peach turnover, fresh fruit and yogurt
Everything was delicious and the presentation was amazing!

ROOMS:
We were in the Summertime room, which had 1 king and 1 twin bed. All rooms have private baths. Ours also had access to the upstairs front porch with rocking chairs, 2 swings, and bed!! I thought this was a deal for $120/night considering that the basic chain hotels in Asheville are almost that much! The room was very CLEAN and cozy and included all the necessities. For TV lovers, there was no TV in our room, but there was a living room downstairs with one. We did get a chance to look at some of the other rooms, and our favorites were the Eagles Nest (only room on the 3rd floor, more private) and the Hugging Oak Hideaway (the suite at the back of the inn with a private entrance).

Only downside: This is a B&B, and it is an old house….that being said, if you are one to want to sleep in all morning it may be a little loud for you (folks getting up early and walking down the hall or having breakfast may wake you). The house was very quiet during the day when everyone was out and about, but the mornings were a little loud by 8:30 or so. The Eagles Nest room on the 3rd floor would be perfect for you if this is your vacation style – the couple staying there didn’t hear anything on the main floor!

You can easily walk to all the cute shops and restaurants in Black Mountain. We had dinner one night at Our Fathers on the outdoor patio - the artichoke salad and the stromboli were both very good. The Dripolater coffee house was cute and homey feeling--great place to sit, relax, drink coffee or smoothies, and eat fresh desserts.

I would highly recommend Black Mountain and The Inn Around the Corner to Asheville and Biltmore Visitors because it was only about a 15 minute drive and it’s a perfect little mountain town away from the hustle and bustle of Asheville!

• Liked — cozy atmosphere, breakfast
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Inn Around The Corner? Share your experiences!