“The service was horrible. The schnitzels were over cooked” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“The service was horrible. The schnitzels were over cooked”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. There are many good restaurants in black mountain
Our waitress disappeared
I had the walk to the bar to get a second glass of wine
The schhnitzel was below average over cooked and dry

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Iowa
“Authentic German food; desserts to die for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

There are lots of deli items and dessert items for sale at the front of the store, but it is also a full service restaurant with authentic German dishes and a variety of beer. I found the food salty for my taste, but I think it was authentic! We had pork cutlets and a special sausage platter. Both were served with saurkraut or red cabbage. My husband asked for a side dish - just to taste it - of one of their other offerings and our waitress brought him a nice sample. The desserts ... I don't know how anybody could walk by the dessert case and not be tempted! Staff was extremely helpful, knowledgable about the menu and ingredients and just the right amount of attentiveness. A little expensive, in my opinion, but definitely worth a return visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Black Mountain
“Microscopic side dishes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

I know authentic German food. This restaurant's is authentic. However, the owner is a cheapskate when it comes to portions. The waitress was unfriendly. She brought me no bread or mustard with my sausages! When she finally did, the two thin slices were to suffice for two diners! The "side dish" of red kraut was a small condiment dish...two fork fulls for $2.50. Ditto for the potato salad. My sausages were lukewarm, as were those of my dining partner. I was invited, so I couldn't complain to the owner at the risk of embarrassing my friend. For the first time in my life I left a "German" restaurant hungry. And, the food is pricey, to boot. I suggest anyone who wants to eat authentic German sausage go in and buy them from their cooler. They have a great selection of authentic sausages there.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Black Mountain, North Carolina
“Want to like it, but don't.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

I keep going back because my expectations are higher than the actual results. It's unfortunate.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tennessee
“Great food, great people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

Excellent food, great beer selection, and the ladies were very nice and helpful. I will return.