“Best trout I've ever had!” 5 of 5 stars

828-669-6212
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Eclectic, Californian, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Just 1/2 mile south of extit 64 of I-40 on route 9
“Best trout I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Found it on Trip Advisor and it lived up to the excellent reviews. Atmosphere is pleasant and casual. We were there on a Friday night; reservation at 7:00. Dylan, the maitre de, did a great job managing the dining room flow. Our server was friendly, despite being busy. Our dinners were excellent! I had pan seared trout with Parmesan risotto. The trout was the best I've eaten; very fresh and perfectly seasoned and cooked. Hubby had steak and smashed potatoes, also very good. No room for dessert. Note they only serve wine and beer. Overall super meal and great value. We've paid more for food that wasn't nearly as good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Asheville, NC
“Good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I visited here this week and treated ourselves to breakfast food for lunch. We came just before the lunch rush, and we were seated immediately in the covered, outdoor area. The server was with us promptly and checked back often through the meal. Both of us had omelets and were happy with the meal. The price was about average for this kind of food in the Asheville/Black Mountain area.

The restaurant is located about a mile south of Black Mountain in the commercial section of a mixed-use subdivision. Access from I-40 is pretty good, but there is no indication from the interstate that this restaurant is here. In fact we didn't see a sign anywhere pointing the way. It isn't hard to find, but you have to know it's here, or otherwise you'll pass it by.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Black Mountain, North Carolina
“Not so much”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Although the staff is good and try hard, and the food is passable but not special, the owner acted rudely and inappropriately with me, and I was a long time customer. He was defending the actions of a incapable staff person, who should not be working with the public. This person stepped on my dog's leash and the dog barked. This fellow then inaccurately told the owner that the dog had attacked him for no reason. The owner gave me a long but ill advised lecture and did not listen to any explanation. I will not have my people talk to his people, because no harm was done. The dog only barked therefore, no lecture was necessary. I will no longer frequent this establishment.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Asheville, NC
“Fresh food expertly prepared in a delightful setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Our lunch at Morning Glory was excellent. This charming cafe in Cheshire Village has outdoor seating that's just right for mild days. The menu is extensive and will please meat/fish eaters and vegetarians alike. The Hungarian mushroom soup was very flavorful. The basil melt with trout on wheat bread was unusual and outstanding. Service was excellent too. Whether it's breakfast or lunch, you can't go wrong at Morning Glory!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort lauderdale
“Best place for lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Enjoy excellent lunch fare ( great fish tacos, sandwiches with delicious sides) and very friendly
wait staff. Nice patio that's dog friendly and lots of free parking. Dinner menu looked good too.

• Visited September 2012