“Best bar in Belmont!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 40 Restaurants in Belmont
Belmont, North Carolina, United States
“Best bar in Belmont!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Belmont Food and Beverage is a great place to get great food, mingle with friendly people and staff are friendly too!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Belmont
“Nice place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The food here is great and always a good beer special. One thing we like about BF&B is that the dinner special is something not on the regular menu. One of the best filet Mignon's I have ever had was here, wrapped in bacon with bleu cheese crumbles on top.......

Visited March 2014
Charlotte, NC
“Great food and best Martini in Belmont without exception!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I'm pretty picky about food and even more picky about a martini.

First, the steak here has become one of my favorites, It's in the top three I've ever had (in comparison with Ruth's Chris and Captial Grille). The quesadilla and Burgers are the best I've ever had. The burgers are hand pattied and cooked to order. They have any kind of burger you can imagine. The quesadilla is huge and so good. I love the veggie while my husband loves the steak.
Where martini's are concerned I like a very lightly dirty martini (I call it a dusty martini) with blue cheese stuffed olives. They will hand-stuff the olives with their blue cheese. I like Stoli vodka with this martini. The typically have Grey Goose and Absolute on hand and didn't carry Stoli when I first asked for it, but said they would have it the next time I came in and they did. Another drink favorite of mine is Vodka and Tonic with diet tonic. They now carry diet tonic because a few of us asked for it.
That's the kind of place this is. I have been a restaurant owner and it can be a thankless job. You have to love it to stick with it. I'm so glad Jimmy Smith loves it, These negative reviews are rare happenings. I've eaten at this restaurant well over a hundred times through the years and I will continue to eat there.
Favorite things to order here: Steak, pork tenderloin, any burger, quesadilla, grilled veggies, grilled asparagus, fried okra, house made chips, custom nachos and grilled, blackened chicken tenders.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Horrible brunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We went for Sunday brunch and the service was slow, my toast was burnt, the hash brown casserole was spicy hot (so much so that I couldn't eat it at all and I specifically asked what was in it and was not told any spices), sweet potato fries were cold and the grits weren't good. The coffee was awful. Another option listed when we were deciding where to go was Waffle House and I said no but then wished we had gone there instead.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Semiprecious gem”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Busy collegiate eatery and drinkery slightly hard to find. Decent food if you don't mind some grease and extensive selection of beers, on the expensive side.

Visited June 2012