“Beautiful facility, extremely clean, comfortable bed & linens, delicious FREE breakfast, friendly and courteous staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross

Save Up To 15%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Belmont
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My family had 5 rooms for Friday and Saturday nights. Our nephew had passed away unexpectedly and we made Hampton Inn our headquarters. We were extremely pleased with the kindness extended to us by the staff. We were impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms, comfort of the rooms, beds & linens. Corey at the front desk had helped with our phone reservations and was very kind and accomodating to us. The gentleman preparing the delicious food and making sure the dining area was spotless was amazing!! A very kind man (and talented, too!). Our visit at Hampton Inn was definitely not a pleasure trip for my family due to our nephew's death, but the wonderful Hampton Inn experience certainly helped us. I live in North Wilkesboro, NC and my other family members that were at the Hampton Inn live in Asheboro, NC, Aberdeen, NC, Ellijay, Georgia other areas near Atlanta. Our sister lives in Mt. Holly, NC. We hope to have a "reunion" this Spring with my 5 siblings and plan to make Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross our headquarters!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate all the wonderful kudos. I hope you will visit us again on your next visti to this area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Middleburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This Hampton Inn was the greatest.. They start your day with a very good breakfast that includes, pancakes, fresh fruit, hot oatmeal, along with pastries, bagels,and each day a different egg combination. Staff is very courteous and accommodating. Rooms were clean and furnished with the softest towels ever. Our stay was only three days but we were treated like royalty from the time we checked in until we left. Although it is within eyesight of I-85 there was very little highway noise.
Internet connections were very good. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the woderful kudos regarding your stay with the Hampton Inn Belmont, NC. We all appreciate our guests sharing their experiences with us. We all look forward to having you as our guest when you are in the area again.
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights on a business trip to Belmont. While Belmont isn't a hugely spiffy town, this hotel is a nice escape. The hotel has only been there for a couple of years, and it is absolutely spotless. I did notice multiple Hampton Inn Quality awards hung up near the elevator and it's obvious that the staff takes pride in keeping the hotel clean. I would stay here again if business took me back to the Belmont area.

Room Tip: Some highway noise on the I85 side of the hotel, but nothing that prevented a good night's sleep...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Carolyn B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Belmont. We really enjoy getting good remarks . I will pass this along to my staff as they enjoy knowing what our guest think. Harve a great day.
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Jon at check in was very helpfull. Lobby looks grand with the high ceilings and marble floors.
Our double room was smaller then some Hamptons. We are a family of 5 and can usually put roll away in room. This room was too small for a roll away and had a shower only. Otherwise great room. It was recently updated. New furnishings through out.
Breakfast was good. Breakfast included waffle maker, western egg circles, apples, Hash browns, cereals, oatmeal, grits, hard boiled egss and juice machine. Also had assorted coffee and tea.
Exercise room looked new but did not use it.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Carolyn B, Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your comments on the Hampton Inn Belmont when you were visiting in the area. We really appreciate comments from our guests and I will be sure to share this information with my staff. I hope you will visit us again on your next stay in this area.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Very clean and comfortable rooms can be found in this beautiful Hampton property. Pretty standard accomodations for a Hampton, but the hotel just felt homey. Everything worked as expected and the breakfast had a good variety of choices. The town of Belmont is quite nice as well - a real throw back to when life seemed a little more simple. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the Belmont area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Carolyn B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your review regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Belmont. I really appreciate the nice kudos. I will share this with the staff as they always like to hear what our guest say about the hotel.
Hanover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Located 15 minutes from the airport,and in a quaint N.C. town,it was the perfect choice. Very clean and quiet rooms,common areas,and pool. A very good breakfast was included in the price as well. Belmont is beautiful,Charlotte is 15 minutes away,and the National White Water center ( a great family destination ) is only 10 minutes away. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful to your needs. Last trip we stayed in the city, but I preferred this location and hotel much more. If your planning a trip to the Charlotte area this is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your response regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Belmont, NC. I really appreciate your comments. I will share this information with all my staff as they will appreciate knowing that they are doing a good job. I hope you will visit us again in the future.
Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We conducted a group event at this hotel this weekend and from the moment I arrived the customer service was a complete miss. Normally when I arrive at a hotel to conduct an event the hotel event coordinator is there to welcome me and to make sure the details of the conference room, catering, etc are all acceptable. At this hotel when I arrived Ashleigh, the event coordinator, was no where to be seen. In fact I was never contacted by her the entire weekend. The man at the front desk when I arrived at 2 pm seemed clueless. Since our rooms were not ready yet we left for a while. Once we returned to the hotel there was a different staff at the front desk. We went to check out the conference room and the two meeting rooms we would use for childcare that were in our contract. Only one of the meeting rooms was opened. When I asked Cory at the front desk about opening up the second room he proceeded to debate with me about whether we had one or two rooms in the contract. I was looking right at the contract and it said two rooms but I had to convince him of this.

Once is was straightened out we went to our hotel room which was clean and very nice.

At 5:30pm when I returned to the lobby area to see if our caterer, that was clearly in the contract, had arrived there was no caterer to be seen. I called my contracting agent who contacted the hotel, specifically Cory at the front desk. Cory at first denied that the hotel was responsible for feeding us dinner, even though it was in the contract. Then finally when we were able to convince him and I guess Ashleigh, who he was speaking to on the phone but who never spoke directly to me, Cory offered to order us pizza. The hotel was being paid $16 per person for dinner including all the children. Pizza was not an acceptable solution. By 6:30pm, dinner was suppose to happen at 6:00, we finally got Cory to offer to send us to a local restaurant called "The String Bean." This restaurant and it's staff we're excellent and took good care of us even though we completely over whelmed thier staff with our numbers and it took hours to get everyone food (I did not receive food until 8:30pm).

During this entire episode dealing with the hotel completely dropping the ball in arranging us a caterer for dinner never once did I receive an apology from anyone at the hotel. In fact I got the distinct impression that I was nothing more than an annoyance. I attempted to be pleasant to the hotel staff since all I wanted was for the families from my event to get some dinner but Cory specifically was nothing but short with me.

Once back from the restaurant one of the families attempted to get a roll away bed from Cory at the front desk. This was something I had arranged for with the man at the front desk at 2pm, who said he would leave a note for the evening crew. Cory proceeded to argue with this family and tell them that they were not suppose to have a roll away with a 2 bed room. Eventually the family got the rollaway but not before feeling frustrated and upset at this hotel employee.

The remainder of our time there was acceptable but not once was I contacted by Ashleigh, the event coordinator, the hotel manager, or any other member of the staff to apologize for the complete disaster that first night. I will not be recommending anyone I know to make use of this hotel when visiting this area.

If you have very little interaction with the staff this will be a good hotel as the rooms were clean, spacious, and the location was very nice. On the other hand if you have any issues or need the help of the staff this hotel will definitely disappoint.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Carolyn B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I want to thank you for positng a reveiw regarding your stay with the Hampton Inn Belmont, NC.
I appreciate the kudos you gave us about the cleanliness of the rooms, which we strive to make as confortable as possible.

I do apologize for for the inconvenience of not having dinner set up for the group at the appropriate time. It was an oversight on our part, but I am glad we were able to send you to a nice restaurant that could accomodate your group,

It does clearly state in the contract that food was to be provided. I truly apologize for our oversight and not living up to our standards. I was here Thursday when some of the group was checking in and had good conversation with the guests. I was not available Thursday evening and I am truly sorry I was not here for the catering problem. I was here Friday morning and again I experienced a rewarding visit with the Army Strong Bond guests during breakfast.

I have spoken with Ashley , Cory and, and our Director of Sales, Lynn and
shared this information with each of them .
We all take full responsibility for not double checking the contract to make sure we had everything covered.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your group on your next visit to our area.
Please call me if you would like to discuss this further.

Carolyn Barnes
704-825-6100

Been to Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross? Share your experiences!