“Nice Hampton” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Belmont
Annapolis, Maryland
“Nice Hampton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Jon at check in was very helpfull. Lobby looks grand with the high ceilings and marble floors.
Our double room was smaller then some Hamptons. We are a family of 5 and can usually put roll away in room. This room was too small for a roll away and had a shower only. Otherwise great room. It was recently updated. New furnishings through out.
Breakfast was good. Breakfast included waffle maker, western egg circles, apples, Hash browns, cereals, oatmeal, grits, hard boiled egss and juice machine. Also had assorted coffee and tea.
Exercise room looked new but did not use it.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Carolyn B, Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your comments on the Hampton Inn Belmont when you were visiting in the area. We really appreciate comments from our guests and I will be sure to share this information with my staff. I hope you will visit us again on your next stay in this area.

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Very clean and comfortable rooms can be found in this beautiful Hampton property. Pretty standard accomodations for a Hampton, but the hotel just felt homey. Everything worked as expected and the breakfast had a good variety of choices. The town of Belmont is quite nice as well - a real throw back to when life seemed a little more simple. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the Belmont area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Carolyn B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your review regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Belmont. I really appreciate the nice kudos. I will share this with the staff as they always like to hear what our guest say about the hotel.
Hanover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Located 15 minutes from the airport,and in a quaint N.C. town,it was the perfect choice. Very clean and quiet rooms,common areas,and pool. A very good breakfast was included in the price as well. Belmont is beautiful,Charlotte is 15 minutes away,and the National White Water center ( a great family destination ) is only 10 minutes away. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful to your needs. Last trip we stayed in the city, but I preferred this location and hotel much more. If your planning a trip to the Charlotte area this is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your response regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Belmont, NC. I really appreciate your comments. I will share this information with all my staff as they will appreciate knowing that they are doing a good job. I hope you will visit us again in the future.
Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We conducted a group event at this hotel this weekend and from the moment I arrived the customer service was a complete miss. Normally when I arrive at a hotel to conduct an event the hotel event coordinator is there to welcome me and to make sure the details of the conference room, catering, etc are all acceptable. At this hotel when I arrived Ashleigh, the event coordinator, was no where to be seen. In fact I was never contacted by her the entire weekend. The man at the front desk when I arrived at 2 pm seemed clueless. Since our rooms were not ready yet we left for a while. Once we returned to the hotel there was a different staff at the front desk. We went to check out the conference room and the two meeting rooms we would use for childcare that were in our contract. Only one of the meeting rooms was opened. When I asked Cory at the front desk about opening up the second room he proceeded to debate with me about whether we had one or two rooms in the contract. I was looking right at the contract and it said two rooms but I had to convince him of this.

Once is was straightened out we went to our hotel room which was clean and very nice.

At 5:30pm when I returned to the lobby area to see if our caterer, that was clearly in the contract, had arrived there was no caterer to be seen. I called my contracting agent who contacted the hotel, specifically Cory at the front desk. Cory at first denied that the hotel was responsible for feeding us dinner, even though it was in the contract. Then finally when we were able to convince him and I guess Ashleigh, who he was speaking to on the phone but who never spoke directly to me, Cory offered to order us pizza. The hotel was being paid $16 per person for dinner including all the children. Pizza was not an acceptable solution. By 6:30pm, dinner was suppose to happen at 6:00, we finally got Cory to offer to send us to a local restaurant called "The String Bean." This restaurant and it's staff we're excellent and took good care of us even though we completely over whelmed thier staff with our numbers and it took hours to get everyone food (I did not receive food until 8:30pm).

During this entire episode dealing with the hotel completely dropping the ball in arranging us a caterer for dinner never once did I receive an apology from anyone at the hotel. In fact I got the distinct impression that I was nothing more than an annoyance. I attempted to be pleasant to the hotel staff since all I wanted was for the families from my event to get some dinner but Cory specifically was nothing but short with me.

Once back from the restaurant one of the families attempted to get a roll away bed from Cory at the front desk. This was something I had arranged for with the man at the front desk at 2pm, who said he would leave a note for the evening crew. Cory proceeded to argue with this family and tell them that they were not suppose to have a roll away with a 2 bed room. Eventually the family got the rollaway but not before feeling frustrated and upset at this hotel employee.

The remainder of our time there was acceptable but not once was I contacted by Ashleigh, the event coordinator, the hotel manager, or any other member of the staff to apologize for the complete disaster that first night. I will not be recommending anyone I know to make use of this hotel when visiting this area.

If you have very little interaction with the staff this will be a good hotel as the rooms were clean, spacious, and the location was very nice. On the other hand if you have any issues or need the help of the staff this hotel will definitely disappoint.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Carolyn B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I want to thank you for positng a reveiw regarding your stay with the Hampton Inn Belmont, NC.
I appreciate the kudos you gave us about the cleanliness of the rooms, which we strive to make as confortable as possible.

I do apologize for for the inconvenience of not having dinner set up for the group at the appropriate time. It was an oversight on our part, but I am glad we were able to send you to a nice restaurant that could accomodate your group,

It does clearly state in the contract that food was to be provided. I truly apologize for our oversight and not living up to our standards. I was here Thursday when some of the group was checking in and had good conversation with the guests. I was not available Thursday evening and I am truly sorry I was not here for the catering problem. I was here Friday morning and again I experienced a rewarding visit with the Army Strong Bond guests during breakfast.

I have spoken with Ashley , Cory and, and our Director of Sales, Lynn and
shared this information with each of them .
We all take full responsibility for not double checking the contract to make sure we had everything covered.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your group on your next visit to our area.
Please call me if you would like to discuss this further.

Carolyn Barnes
704-825-6100
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

I stay at Hampton Inns frequently all over the U.S. This is among the best. Room was great. Service was outstanding. I'm really sorry I did not get the young lady's name who worked at the front desk, but she was very friendly and very helpful with restaurant recommendations or whatever else we needed. If my business takes me anywhere near Belmont again, I will certainly stay here.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Carolyn B, Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our Hampton Inn Belmont. We always strive to make our hotel the best. I will share your comments with my staff and with, the desk representative you mentioned. We hope you will return when you are in the area again.
King, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Great location if wanting to spend a couple of days at the Natioal Whitewster Center. Which our "older" family of teenagers loved! Hotel is easy to find & though you can hear heavy traffic outside it is hidden in a heavily wooded area with great landscaping making it feel like a mountain hideaway. Rooms were clean, our carpet was still just a bit damp from being shampooed. Typical amenities including a mini-fridge & microwave. Best of all the sheets & white duve cover are cleaned for each new guest! Long way from the floral comforters of days gone by, when you had no idea when or if they were ever cleaned. That is a must for us when traveling, white bed linens where at least your eyes give you a piece of mind!!
Belmont is a quaint little area & within a few minutes drive all kinds of your typical chain restaurants but even closer, say 4-5 minutes is downtown Belmont with picture perfect mansions of yesteryear lining the streets & a unique well kept downtown area with cute original shops & locally owned restaurants with great food & extensive beer & wine lelections. Seating outdoors at The Green Bean was a relaxing experience! The hotel also offered a hot breakfast which was actually decent, not just stale pastries, eggs & fresh waffles were there to start off a busy, physical day at the Whitewater Center. You will be thankful you started out with a good, full breakfast after your first few hours at the Whitester Center, definitely not, for the very young or out of shape family members, but all instruction is given before each event for obvious safety reasons!! Highly reccomended the hotel, check for any discounts that may apply. Hilton Honors Club, , Triple AAA, etc....There are also some world rejoined botanical Gardens just moments away which we will catch next time we r in The Belmont/Charlottte area!

• Stayed July 2012
Carolyn B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments regarding our hotel. I will share this information with the staff, they always like to know how our guests feel about our hotel. We feel we are in an enchanted area at times, and not in a concrete world and it is so relaxing at times. to sit under the trees to relax. We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to the area.

Carolyn Barnes
GM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We had business at Belmont Abbey College, which arranged a good rate at this property. Spacious room with comfortable beds. The TV acted up once, but a nice fellow from the front desk came immediately and corrected the problem. (Another TV matter: the HBO channels enigmatically say AUDIO ONLY, which is not useful.) The breakfast was expertly presented by a very agreeable woman, who offered to help with the waffle machine (which I finally made use of without help). Breakfast limited to one hot egg dish and one meat plus a cold boiled egg, but very many other items were available. Still a matter of plastic & Styrofoam and so not quite as pleasant as Embassy Suites (another Hilton property) for breakfast, but also not as expensive. Business center has two stations, at least one of which was always open. (Note: Mapquest directions are inaccurate: DON'T get off I-85 at Exit 27--DO get off at Exit 26.)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thanks you so much for your wonderful comments regarding our hotel. We strive to make everything as comfortable as possible when our guests are away from home. I will share this information with my staff, they always like to know how they are doing as well. I hope you will choose the Hampton Inn Belmont on your next visit to the area.

Been to Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross? Share your experiences!