“Great people! Good food-great stop for lunch!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
richmond,virginia
“Great people! Good food-great stop for lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The girl at the counter was so exceptionally sweet and helpful! The food was very good, we had the chili with "fixin's" , sandwiches, all delicious, reasonable prices, and bought extra to take back to our B&B for lunches. Great stop at Fred's Country Store!

Visited April 2013

“No meat.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I stopped in Fred's Deli for breakfast. I was greeted by a surly girl behind the counter. After looking at a very limited menu, I was placing my order as the worker made sarcastic remarks towards me. The food was mediocre and bland. There is no meat in the general store, unless you count hot dogs.

I will not be returning.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Good breakfast, great view and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Fred's Mercentile is a must if you're staying at Beech Mt. Quirky with character, and they sell everything. The Deli served us a hearty breakfast, which we ate sitting in a sun room that looks over a pretty patio in the woods. We were watching a blizzard at the time - great location for it!

Visited March 2013
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“do stop in at Fred's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My daughter and I left the young'uns on the mountain, and asked the shuttle driver to drop us off at Fred's for lunch. Nice selection of sandwiches and soups - in addition to our relaxing meal, we opted for a takeout of freshly baked cinnamon raisin bread - excellent choice! Fred's has all manner of foodstuffs and other items to browse and buy.

Visited February 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good Hearty Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stopped by Freds on a cold snowy day looking for a good grilled cheese and a big bowl of chili. Nothing fancy, but this place puts out some really good food. It's a good stop if you just came off the mountain and need a little comfort food to warm you up. I took note of what was being served around me and it all looked good! We'll be back!

• Visited February 2013