“Stayed at the Pinnacle Inn while on a Marriage Retreat, LOVED it... except for all the stairs” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pinnacle Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beech Mountain
The Pinnacle Inn
301 Pinnacle Inn Rd, Beech Mountain, NC   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Beech Mountain
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

We had a really great time in Beech Mountain, tried our hands at skiing and snowboarding although we weren't quite as good as we had hoped. The hotel is literally 2 minutes from the slopes, with lots of shops and stores close at hand. The room was clean and featured a kitchen, fireplace, and balcony. There was even a cute little book that had been signed by other guests that had stayed in the room. We never made it to the pool but Im sure it was nice. The only thing that wasn't the best was the three story walk up with sore muscles (as I said we are not the best at skiing) and freezing wind almost blowing us over. But it was a small price to way for a comfortable room on top with wonderful views.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

For my 50th birthday I decided to go skiing again not far from home . My daughter located this resort and decided to surprise me with a 3 night stay.....I read some reviews on trip advisor both positve and negative. I was a professional travel agent for 14 years in my previous career and have a degree in hotel/restaurant management. Judy and Scott were very gracious and the resort although a little older...was clean( I check the grout even on tiles), accomodating with supplies, warm, friendly, and comfortable. The bed was relaxing, fireplace worked good, kitchen updated and clean, and the view outstanding. Close by was a store...Fred's Mercantile, that had anything else we needed within a mile. I will recommend this to friends and will return...for the value it was a great weekend escape....Diane & Jeff

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Cumming, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

We have stayed here many times for winter skiing. Location is great. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They accomodate for late check ins. Some places do not. This is the best place to stay at Beech Mtn, I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2011
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

Me and the girlfriend and one more couple decided to go skiing for new years. Never have been to NC before we had little to base on where to stay. We went through did some google reserch and came to find the pinnacle inn. We saw some very awful reviews, but decided to take a chance. The price was too good to resist, and if it was not to our liking we thought well we would just sleep there.

Upon arriving we were greated by a very friendly staff, and told where our room was. The parking lot was clean of snow, and the overall look was nice. We got to our room and we were shocked. It was clean, beautiful, and had brand new kitchen stuff. We also had a huge patio that overlooked the ski resort.

The only issue was some of the bed linnen looked less then clean but they had a washer and dryer in our unit so it was really not problem at all. Becides when you go to places like this you really rather bring your own bed stuff.

The shuttle took us wherever we had to go. The internet was actually a bit faster then i expected. It got bad around 5-7 when people returned but that is expected. The town is very nice, and the skiing is probaly the best you will get east of the mississippi.

Bring your own booze though, liquor is a bit tricky to find (you have to go to an ABC store) beer is sold in this cute little store that the shuttle will take you to.

The hot tubs were nice to soak in after a long day skiing, and there were not to many kids running around, so that was nice for my group.

Also if you don't mind there is a nice outlet mall about 45 minutes away and its a very pretty drive.

I highly recommend this place for the price, and the fact that you can do just about everything you want.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Kingsland, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

In spite of other reviews, our unit was awesome. The new appliances were greatly appreciated, and the master bed was amazing. As far as staying warm, the room was always toasty... sometimes to the point of having to open a door for a minute. Right around the corner from the Famous Brick Oven (highly recommended) and just up the hill from Beech. If you don't have 4 wheel drive, the parking lot may be more of an adventure than you're ready for. The shuttle to and from the mountain runs regularly, and the drivers are fun. All in all, an excellent trip. We had a double room, unit number 3223, and it could easily sleep six.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

I conducted a military retreat to this inn. The staff was so helpful and accomodating. They were so friendly. I will definitely be conducting more retreats here.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Fayetteville, nC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

My family goes to the Pinnacle every Thanksgiving. I was just reading the reviews and was shocked. We have always been very pleased. The only problem we have ever had was the icy parking lot. I guess maybe some of these reviews had poorly decorated/cleaned rooms. If that is the case, I would like to know those rooms so I don't get them and maybe the owners will improve. Our rooms have always been well decorated, very clean, and my kids love the pool and pool table. The staff has always been very helpful. I always look online and get a room that looks nice. My family is peculiar about neatness and cleanness. You can't get a regular hotel for the price we pay to stay here. We look forward to our trip every year. Hope we don't have the same misfortune that some of you have had!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to The Pinnacle Inn? Share your experiences!