“A perfect experience of Beaufort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pecan Tree Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beaufort
Pecan Tree Inn
You added Pecan Tree Inn to your Saves list
116 Queen Street, Beaufort, NC 28516   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Beaufort B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A perfect experience of Beaufort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

During March 2009 I was taking a Fly-Drive trip from the UK to tour some of the States of America's Deep South.
I mostly take the back roads as I really enjoy travelling and finding "small town America," which for me beats all the city life hands down. I choose to visit Beaufort as I already knew it was a nice small town on a nice part of the coast, with a population of just 3,000.
After driving along the main street (Front St) I quickly found the small Visitor Centre. As soon as I was inside I was asked by two lovely ladies if I would like a portion of cake and a cup of coffee,to which I gladly accepted,immediately impressed by such friendlyness towards strangers.
Having asked about accommodation,I was given details of the Pecan Tree B&B in Queen St,just off of Front St.
I managed to get a good deal,5 nights for the price of 4 as it was so early in the season,a real bargain. The accommodation was picture perfect and could simply not be faulted in every respect,in fact I'd go as far to say the best B&B I have stayed during my many visits to America.
Highly recommended, a truly great experience.

Room Tip: Difficult to choose as all the rooms are really beautiful and comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
dubuisson, Owner at Pecan Tree Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
We blush! But we're grateful when our guests go home feeling good about their stay and triply grateful when they take the time to write about their experience in Beaufort. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Found this inn at the last minute when we rolled into town. The innkeeper was very nice, stayed out of our hair, but when you called on him, he was gracious and accommodating. The house is comfortably furnished and in a great location, close to downtown.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Edenton, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had a couple of days of free time and decided to head to Beaufort, NC; because we needed rooms Thursday and Friday night but not Saturday night, we knew we would be having difficulty in a peak summer season. Pecan Tree Inn folks were very helpful, accommodating us in the only rooms they had for Thursday and Friday nights and providing a very comfortable stay for us.The inn is a half-block from the waterfront in Beaufort, is across the street from a couple of very good restaurants and provided the perfect place for us to enjoy a "walking" vacation.

Room Tip: Try the second floor room (4) at the back; has a whirlpool tub. Very relaxing.Bed is ultra comfortab...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tualatin, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Room 4 is a large spacious room with a 2 person jetted tub. Thick, luxurious towels and robes are provided. The shower is much too small, only 3ft by 3ft. Hopefully the owners will expand it as there is room to do so. Good breakfasts, buffet style. I recommend including a hot breakfast item. Friendly owner and staff.

• Stayed July 2012
ocracoke
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Made a last minute reservation for one night at this B&B. Everything was as expected. A good experience in a very convenient location relative to the Beaufort Water Front. The only issue was they did not honor my AAA Discount given I did not request it up front. The Inn was so well run and appointed I would definately stay there a second time irrespective of the discount or no!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Cary, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

While in an excellent location right near Front Street, the inn is in need of the repairs of an old house (roof was still in repair, doorknobs loose). Our bed was very comfortable, with en suite bathroom (though sink needed a more thorough cleaning) with a tiny shower stall. Breakfast was serve-yourself with a melon wedge, coffee cake, storebought bread and English muffins with a toaster, yogurt, and an assortment of mini-cereal boxes. Perhaps that was mentioned but for $135 I expected something like eggs or pancakes. The owner appeared now and then to ask if we needed anything but pretty much no proprietors were visible. Not unfriendly, just.. not around.

Room Tip: I liked that our 2nd floor room was accessible with outside back stairs,not having to come through f...
Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tarboro, N.C.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We arrived on Friday early evening. Our check in was a key left in a basket with a note attached to the front door which was fine. Our room was the Queen Anne Suite....very disappointed. The online photos were much better than the suite. The comforter was not the same as photo. Also, as I was getting out of the tub, the handle came off and tub was cracked..The Inn desperately needs a total renovation and furnishings appear to be "Flea Market" purchases. We went to the
breakfast but was quite simple. We did not go back for breakfast the next am....There are several great restaurants close by within walking distance but no waterview from the Inn. There are 2 bicycles available for use. Inn states sodas & water are available in a frig upstairs...no longer. Not planning to return...

Room Tip: Call and ask lots of questions!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pecan Tree Inn? Share your experiences!