“Good food, Bad Service” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 38 Restaurants in Beaufort
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
“Good food, Bad Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We visited Memorial Day weekend, and while I recognize that it was a busy weekend and we had a medium sized group of 6, the service was pretty terrible. The poor hostess looked like she was on her own and ended up bussing tables instead of working with the guests. Tables remained dirty and empty for upward for 15 minutes while impatient guest waited.

Luckily, the food was excellent, which made our visit bearable. The server, however, brought out a side dish that was not ordered, because they apparently ran out of the original dish. Instead of asking which replacement dish we would like, he simply picked one and did not offer to bring a menu or for a new dish to be chosen until I suggested he do so.

I would try it one more time just to make sure I didn't just hit them on an off night, but I'll also be sure to call early and make a reservation. (We tried to make a reservation this time, but they said they weren't taking any more at that time.)

I do have to say the view is beautiful and I can see how it would be a nice romantic getaway if the service improved.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great meal and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Everyone was friendly and strived to provide excellent service, which they did. The food tuna was excellent and the wine paired quite nicely with the tuna and tasted more expensive than it was. The amaretto cheesecake, made in-house, was one of the best cheesecakes I have ever had. The bartender quite was pleased to make me a drink he had never heard of and did a good job of it. All of this good food and beverage was served while we watched the sun descend over the harbor while the light wind created a sparkling jewels of small waves. Make me wish I did not live 145 miles away. Most importantly, we eat at the Front Street Grill most times we visit the area and this experience was typical.

Visited May 2013
Smithfield, North Carolina
“Food was good but we left hungry...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

ONE soft-shell crab for what they charged? This is a nice restaurant, more so if you are looking for a well-stocked bar and some decent wines. My wife and I didn't find a restaurant that compares with our usual get-away spot in Southport, NC.

Visited May 2013
Cary, North Carolina
“Hidden surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

If you walk on the stree you will hardly notice this restaurant, except if you pay attention to a blackboard they place almost on the sidewalk.
Once you go inside you will notice a refined atmosphere with an incredible view. There is also the possibility of sitting outside or at the bar right in between.
The service is very nice and efficient and the dishes are very tasty, but on the small side for the price they charge.
All in all it was a very pleasant experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“"Disenchanted"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I drove 2 hours for a great meal and an "enchanted evening" out of town. We ordered the special, grilled grouper w/grilled asparagus over a bed of Jasmine rice. The rice was more like a teaspoon, and the asparagus - not grilled and only approximately two sprigs. The grouper - very very small portion. Inquired about bread and it was served cold with what appeared to be some type of butter? Cost for this trio - a whopping $33 - NOT WORTH THE PRICE. We ordered two appetizers, one glass of wine (very small glass) and tea - $99.44. When we questioned specifically the price of the "special" we were told, "Well, you know, it's Memorial Day weekend" whatever that means. While the restaurant overlooks the water, the ambiance in comparison to the price of our experience at this establishment - just not worth it. We would not recommend this restaurant for dining - only cocktails (which are a bit pricy, too!) The staff really did not seem to have knowledge of the menu and really could not make any recommendations.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere